GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,176 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG Suggestions

Subject: Status option suggestion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Sell
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
is it possible to have an option under status of "Interested"

There are a lot of games out there that I hear about and I only want to track or watch for a longer period of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SJ S
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oddtime wrote:
is it possible to have an option under status of "Interested"

There are a lot of games out there that I hear about and I only want to track or watch for a longer period of time.
THANK YOU! I have been desperate for this feature!

The issue with using the "Wishlist" options, even "DO NOT BUY" ironically, is that if you search for your wants in the BGG Marketplace those items show up. And I want an indicator that I can use to track games but WON'T show up in my Wants in the Marketplace OR in the Online Want List Generator for Math Trades.

Robert - This is a great suggestion

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
louper wrote:
Why not use one of the Wishlist options, probably "4 - Thinking about it."

I don't think we need another status; it seems like there's enough and you could just "adopt" one for your use.

Yeah, that sounds like a good use of thinking about it. I'd go so far as to say the intended use . . .

Alternatively, just add it to your little bookmark quickbar at the top.

If you're not actually thinking of getting it, but want to mark it as of interest to you, surely "want to play" also works. Seems like that's why most games are made.

I feel like the subsection of people here who don't want to play or buy games and don't have access to a pen and paper is probably pretty small.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Guilfoyle
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you tried using tags? Each game page has a "Tags" section where you can add your own personal tags such as "Tracking" or "Watching". Then you can select the "Tags" option under the "My Geek" tab at the top of each page and it will list all the games which you have tagged.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.