Subject: Mortality - Doomknight/Death Level 3 Question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ken

Pdx
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I want to use both physical and magical attacks do I need to discard 2 XP total? My take on it is one XP per type of attack but a friend read it differently. He destroyed 1 XP when he selected the monster to fight therefore he has satisfied the requirement for both physical and magical attacks.

I tried to find an older version of the card online to see if it was clearer but couldn't find one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
Jakelin wrote:
If I want to use both physical and magical attacks do I need to discard 2 XP total?

I can see how your friend might read it that way, but 2 XP must be discarded to void both traits (the traits are evaluated independently when you select the monster to fight).

Jakelin wrote:
I tried to find an older version of the card online to see if it was clearer but couldn't find one.

The Doomknight•Death monster group is new to Into the Abyss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken

Pdx
Oregon
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the confirmation Will. I appreciate you taking time to reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Castree
Japan
Osaka
Osaka
flag msg tools
ACGalaga.com
badge
What da heck?!
mbmbmbmbmb
So this card says "Discard and XP" and "Trophy: Distroy and XP".

So what's the difference? If you destroy an XP is it out of the game? Or is it treated the same as a discard?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will M. Baker
United States
Silverton
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
ACGalaga wrote:
So this card says "Discard and XP" and "Trophy: Distroy and XP".

So what's the difference? If you destroy an XP is it out of the game? Or is it treated the same as a discard?

Treat the same as discard. Just an example of terminology we failed to standardize during testing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.