GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,176 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Diamant» Forums » Rules

Subject: The Artifact's value rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Samuel Tan
Indonesia
Balikpapan
East Borneo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules say the 1st three artifacts worth 5 & the other 2 worth 10..
So I wanna know, the order is determined by the time they get shuffled to the deck, or by the time they get flipped from the quest deck?

Let's say we've shuffed the sun artifact to the quest deck, from round 1, means it's the 1st artifact shuffled in the deck.. but it's the 4th artifacts revealed (3 others have been revealed before the sun, might be at the same round, or previous).. How much will it worth? Thxx..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
actually, you count them when they leave the temple, according to my rulebook (Gryphon Games 2008)

So, the first 3 artifacts that someone actually successfully acquire are worth 5 each, and the next 2 that someone manages to get into their tents are worth 10 each. You don't have to (and shouldn't) keep track of what artifacts are worth until they are actually gotten by someone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United Kingdom
Birmingham
England
flag msg tools
badge
Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars, where you will be forced to drift aimlessly farther into the vast, empty abyss of space until a lack of food, water and oxygen causes you to succumb to Death's cold embrace.
mbmbmbmbmb
zenpunk wrote:
actually, you count them when they leave the temple, according to my rulebook (Gryphon Games 2008)

So, the first 3 artifacts that someone actually successfully acquire are worth 5 each, and the next 2 that someone manages to get into their tents are worth 10 each. You don't have to (and shouldn't) keep track of what artifacts are worth until they are actually gotten by someone.
Well that makes more sense. I was sure that the rules implied you had to remember how much they were worth when they go into the deck. Which would be pretty dumb.

For such a simple game, I've been playing it so wrong in so many ways.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Hayes
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
"Gargoyle's Quest" Gameboy, 1990
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh wow. I've also been playing wrong for a long time. We've always played that the first artifact to leave the temple is worth 5 points, the next 10 points, the third 15, etc. Each artifact is worth five more than the one before it. I wonder how in the world I got that idea?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
For what it's worth, I don't see any harm in making them worth whatever you want, and feel is most fun.

We actually read the rule incorrectly at first, and had been playing for a year thinking every artifact was just worth 15. We eventually found out the real rule, switched to it, and... it just seemed so anti-climactic. What used to be the most fun moment of the game.. when that first big 15-pointer came out... became kind of dull and 'who cares'.

So, we know the correct rule, but, we quickly went back to them just being worth 15 each. Much more exciting. And I could see them being worth 5, 10, 15, 20, 25 working too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Katina Choovanski
United States
Branchburg
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
aka KabukiKid on Youtube. Yeah, I have a few online aliases. heh ;-)
mbmbmbmbmb
You could always just make them always worth 10. That's an option that deviates from the official rules some.

~Kat ^_^
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Woodward
New Zealand
Hamilton
flag msg tools
badge
Summertime is Christmas time
mbmbmbmbmb
Or 150 points, like in Quidditch...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.