GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,439 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Sergeants Miniatures Game: Red Devils» Forums » General

Subject: 1-2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The box mentions 1-2 players. How do you play this alone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Switch sides every turn. A great way to learn and can be fun if you are in the mood for it. I learned the rules that way, making it easier to teach people how to play. It is MUCH better as a two player game, and I have played it with five (which gets a little squirrelly because of the uneven squad sizes, but it works).

There are rumors of "true solitaire" rules.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
Switch sides every turn. A great way to learn and can be fun if you are in the mood for it. I learned the rules that way, making it easier to teach people how to play. It is MUCH better as a two player game, and I have played it with five (which gets a little squirrelly because of the uneven squad sizes, but it works).

Sounds great, Martin. Keep me informed, please.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
martimer wrote:

Sounds great, Martin. Keep me informed, please.
I am not sure I am the person to do that as my memory is not that great and I am not likely to remember to update this thread when/if the time comes. You are MUCH better off subscribing to the various games in the series (DoD and RD) so you can read the announcements yourself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
As Martin said...just switch sides each turn. I've played a number of scenarios "solo" and had fun while learning.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MayorJim wrote:
As Martin said...just switch sides each turn. I've played a number of scenarios "solo" and had fun while learning.
Just be careful with rules arguments - Rolling a die for a decision is easier than arm wrestling yourself.whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.