Subject: Story-driven campaign? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Yevgen Ostroukhov
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Will this expansion have a story-driven campaign, something like Mice&Mystics?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A campaign for SDE is going to be in Super Dungeon Legends
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HealingAura wrote:

I didn't really understood the idea.
Will this be another project (Kickstarter,etc.) that you have to buy?
Or is it a set of rules to use with the game as it is?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Super Dungeon Legends is a system for running Super Dungeon Explore games as a running campaign. Think of it as the difference between playing a single encounter in Descent 2E, or running a campaign in Descent 2E.

We don't know much about it, but we know that Super Dungeon Legends uses the new rules of SDE, so it will most likely require you to have the Forgotten King expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
torontoraptors
Portugal
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Lior.
The idea of something Descent-like pleases me. (I haven't got Descent but it does look interesting)

I pledged for the Forgotten King set (but don't have anything prior to it). What I mean is, will it be enough? Or will we have to pledge/buy something else for Legends system to work?
I am sorry if I am asking you questions that you aren't suppose to know. I am just intrigued and might have missed something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lior Kiperman
Israel
Ramat Gan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
These are some old comments:

SPM wrote:
RPG and campaign elements are something people have been wanting for a long time. Ultimately, we decided we couldn’t do a campaign justice by just having it as a secondary small booklet like many other dungeon delve board games do. Instead we laid the groundwork for a campaign system with new features like Princess Coins, dungeon keys, backpacks, and the Explore Deck. These all provide a richer dungeon exploring experience and leave the heavy lifting of a full campaign to our future expansion Super Dungeon Legends which will blow the doors off questing in Crystalia.

And a couple Q&A's from the KS comments:
Commenter wrote:
Will the campaign be able to be played coop style?
That's where we'll have backpacks come into play, right?
With all these new heroes, anti heroes, mini bosses, and spawning points, I am quite excited about the prospect of campaign mode.
Any chance of a mini campaign or a small sample of how it's played to be included with Forgotten King?
Deke wrote:
We're still in Alpha but I come from a pretty heavy RPG + Mordheim background so that tends to be how my mind is wired. That said, Legends isn't going to require extensive (if any) pencil bookkeeping. Take that as you will.

Commenter wrote:
@SPM Deke Hopefully you're watching and can help.
I know the Legends campaign is a long way off, but can you give us some insight as to what we might need to run the campaign?
If we have 1 of everything, will we be good, or will we have to do some substituting?
like, will there be a point where a campaign will recommend 4 old growth spawn points, or two mistmourne spawn points?

Deke wrote:
All you will need is the Forgotten King and the Legends expansion. Everything else is optional and for expanding your world/game just like the other gameplay modes
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kelly Overholser
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
torontoraptors wrote:
HealingAura wrote:

I didn't really understood the idea.
Will this be another project (Kickstarter,etc.) that you have to buy?
Or is it a set of rules to use with the game as it is?

I imagine it will be something similar to the Descent Road to Legend/Sea of Blood expansions, and include the rules for campaign as well as whatever new cards/tokens/etc are needed to support the new rules. (For instance, there could be new "skill cards" that heroes can get as they level up, while the Consul has something similar for monsters.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.