Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: New survivors ideas rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Idan Rooze
Israel
flag msg tools
The Twins
The twins has one survivor card and 2 survivor standees, one for each twin. The twins are considered as 2 different survivors for the purposes of secret objectives/equipping items etc.

Special Ability: You may use an action die to take 2 separate actions, one with each twin. Each of the twins, separately, may gain up to 2 wounds. Should one of the twins die, the other one immediately dies as well. This causes 2 morale loss.

Stats: I think their attack/search should be about 5/5, and maybe even worse (!).

Theming: geeks/cheerleaders/anything-american-college-related could do well here.

Pros:
* You can take 6 different actions on the very first turn!
* Rewards careful playstyle.
* Highly versatile and helpful as a good guy.
* Huge damage potential as a betrayer.
Cons:
* Should be constantly taken care of and might become a burden if not played correctly.
* Punishes for risky playstyle.
* Crappy stats.

I didn't manage to playtest it, but would like to after getting the game some more plays. I would like to hear your thoughts, as well as your ideas for new characters. Have a good weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Woll
United States
Warsaw
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds cool.
How would this work:
Woolin wrote:

The twins has one survivor card and 2 survivor standees, one for each twin. The twins are considered as 2 different survivors for the purposes of [...] equipping items etc.

How do you equip items to two different survivors with 1 card?
I guess you could do left/right or something but this game already has a large footprint. Requiring more space could be a headache.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Idan Rooze
Israel
flag msg tools
I did mean it to be left/right. How would it take more place? It shouldn't take more place than it would've taken if a sole survivor was equipping the items of both the characters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Z
Japan
Nagoya
Aichi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Woolin wrote:
The Twins
Should one of the twins die, the other one immediately dies as well. This causes 2 morale loss.

Maybe turn the remaining twin into a helpless survivor (and keep the 2 morale loss).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Johnson
United States
Eagan
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is what I came up for your idea. You would use two separate character cards. Each character follows same 3 wound death rule. Only can "copy" dice value once per round to avoid being overpowered.

Sam Cain: Twins: (Search 5) (Attack 5) (Found in character deck)
ANYWHERE: Gain the survivor Alex Cain. If Sam or Alex Cain dies, the other is killed as well.

Alex Cain: Twins: (Search 5) (Attack 5) (Not placed in character deck)
ANYWHERE: You do not gain an additional action dice for this character. Once per round, Alex Cain may copy an action dice value used by Sam Cain to perform a new action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.