GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,368 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Monster Targeting and MP rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys,

Quick question regarding Monster Priority and their movement points.

Say we're fighting Grubbers, and the Acolyte has the highest threat, however he is 5 spaced away from the Grubbers. The Soldier has the second highest threat, and is 2 spaced away from the Grubbers.

As the Grubbers only have 3 MP, will they target the Soldier, or start heading towards the Acolyte?

My understanding is that they'll go for the Soldier, as that's who they can hit, but I just want to make sure.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Spaidal
Canada
flag msg tools
As I see it he would go for the Soldier as per 'The Long Way' rule in the blue box on page 37 of the rule book.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
My understanding is that they'll go for the Soldier, as that's who they can hit, but I just want to make sure.

Correct. While they notice the Acolyte first, they cannot reach him, so they turn their attention onto the Soldier (who they can reach).

If no hero was within range, they would move towards the hero with the highest threat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Endevor Rovedne
France
le pré saint gervais
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Mistermannindy wrote:
If no hero was within range, they would move towards the hero with the highest threat.

If the monsters are intelligent in my game they move toward the highest threat THEY CAN REACH next DC, they won't run toward someone they could not reach (to prevent this kind of strategy). This is another story for instinctive or undead monster of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Endevor wrote:
Mistermannindy wrote:

If the monsters are intelligent in my game they move toward the highest threat THEY CAN REACH next DC, they won't run toward someone they could not reach (to prevent this kind of strategy). This is another story for instinctive or undead monster of course.

I like that approach! Thematically that's a great way to play. Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.