dennis bennett
Germany
back in Frankfurt!
flag msg tools
designer
badge
more of my stuff at www.dennisthebadger.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Disclaimer: i have no intention of stealing Gary's ideas. The whole concept of this is based on Gary's game here:
[WIP] Botanik (18 Card Microgame Contest)

I've been having some ideas/thought for/about scoring systems for Gary's game "Master Gardener".

I've come up with a different distribution of flowers than what he was using in his original version:

The basic game uses only the 12 cards without the subtle patterned background.
the distribution of flowers is as follows:

6 yellow flowers, spread over 4 cards (1/3 of all cards)
12 blue flowers, spread over 6 cards (1/2 the cards)
18 pink flowers, spread over all 12 cards
36 red flowers, spread over all cards.

For the second phase of the game where players take turns picking up cards, i thought scoring could work as follows:

yellow flowers increase in points.
1 flower is worth 1 point. 2 flowers are worth 3 points, 3=6, 4=10, 5=15, 6=21. (max score 21, minimum total score=8 for 2x2flowers=6 points + 2x1 flower=1 point)

blue flower are worth 3 points for each set of 2. (max score 18, minimum score is 12 for 4 cards that each show 2 or more blue flowers)

pink flowers are always worth 1 point. (always score 18 in total)

red flowers: whoever has the majority scores 10, second most scores 5. (always score 15 in total)

these are just ideas but i'd be interested to hear if anybody has any suggestions/feedback (yes, it's very similar to the scoring in sushi go).

And here is a link to the PnP:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dnx0eoou18rzl6u/mastergardener1-2-...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.