Gary
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm just not seeing the big deal if an overlord wanted to mix multiple cards.

Out of game, they still have to pay activation and acquisition costs for the cards, so it's not like having more is necessarily going to be stretching beyond their resources.

In game, it seems to make sense that the overlord would use all of their lieutenants to their advantage, with different ones providing different influences, and thus, different cards.

I feel like I'm missing something, but I'm just not sure what it is. Would there be some secret advantage to having cards from multiple plot decks that I'm just completely missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A) They aren't designed to integrate.

B) They aren't balanced for integration.

If you get to cherry pick the abilities you want from all the available lieutenants, then it might be possible to create a juggernaut of powers that are insurmountable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Campo
United Kingdom
Manchester
lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theme wise bad guys dont like working togther

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
kelann08 wrote:
A) They aren't designed to integrate.

B) They aren't balanced for integration.

If you get to cherry pick the abilities you want from all the available lieutenants, then it might be possible to create a juggernaut of powers that are insurmountable.

This. If you allow mixing from multiple decks, then you allow for over-powered combos that were never intended to exist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Areinu
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
By cherry picking you'll be able to:

a) take best threat generator(s) in game. You probably could easily get around 12 threat per quest.

b) take most powerful abilities + create ugly combos. With that much threat it won't be hard.

c) get all agent cards into your deck at once. Because, why not? No one said that you have to limit your Plot deck to 12 cards when cherry picking. Now just buy different agent depending on quest at hand and summon multiple agents in 1 turn. With that much threat... Why not?

d) some cards will never be used. While you probably won't be able to use all Plot decks at least all of them are viable. When cherry picking you will never have a reason to pick threat generator that gives you 1 threat for every knocked out hero on the board while costing 1 threat to activate and 2 to buy...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I can definitely see how, with a large number of decks to pick from, issues with abilities building on other abilities to ridiculous levels could come into play. I think part of the reason it didn't really occur to me that it could create massively overpowered combos is because I only have two of the decks; Skarn and Zachareth, neither of which have much overlap or combo-ability, as far as I can tell.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Steinbach
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Same as the heroes don't get to chose varying skills from different classes, the overlord cannot chose varying plot cards from different lieutenants. They realy work a bit like heroes in that regard. You pick one, you stick with it for an entire campaign.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.