GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,974 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
5 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » General

Subject: Question about hero's super power rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jimmy Hsieh
msg tools
mbmb
Hi all, I have a question. If a hero's super power requurement is met, can I choose not to play it? And just use the hero's regular power? Sorry if this sounds a dumb question, but I hope to get some thing clesred. Thanks.

Also, in my base set, I have 3 frost giant and 1 destroyer from ememies of asgard, is that normal?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad B
United States
Van Buren
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Deus Ex
mbmbmbmbmb
hirush wrote:
Hi all, I have a question. If a hero's super power requurement is met, can I choose not to play it? And just use the hero's regular power? Sorry if this sounds a dumb question, but I hope to get some thing clesred. Thanks.

I'm not sure the exact card in question here, but generally speaking it's both are in affect -- not that you have to choose one. So for example with Storm's "Tidal Wave" card, if you have already played a ranged card both the Villain on the bridge and the Mastermind would have a -2 attack.

hirush wrote:
Also, in my base set, I have 3 frost giant and 1 destroyer from ememies of asgard, is that normal?

Yes, this is normal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacovis
United States
Las Vegas
Nevada
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify (and it's in the FAQ on the front page as well) if you have played cards sufficient to trigger a superpower it will go off. However, if it says "may" you do not "have" to use its effect.

So WhiteBoy is correct, but I wanted to be sure you got all of the answers you needed.

Cheers!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Knobbly Savage
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From Jacovis's FAQ and Errata:

wrote:
Superpowers are not optional if their prerequisites have been played: Unless a Superpower says
“May” in front of its ability, if you have already played the appropriate prerequisite cards to trigger a
Superpower, that Superpower will go off when the card is played.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Hsieh
msg tools
mbmb
Big thank you everyone for your reply. It has cleared my question
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.