GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,607 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » Chit Chat

Subject: so much for getting up early rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
For the last year I get up about 5AM most days, head to my basement and list stuff on ebay. It pads up quite nicely what I sell out of the shop and is mostly garage sale, dead or over stock. Right now I am working through about 500 Sci-Fi/Fanatsy pbs. Slow going punching in ISBN #s but I really only have about a penny invested in each one. I check them to find anything that sells for $4 which is my minimum $ I'll take for the work I put in($4 plus .35 handling fee and what I make on the shipping is usually about $5-6 total after ebay and paypal fees) I try to list 10 things every morning, doesn't seem like much and I barely keep up with the attrition of items sold.

Ebay log in is not working this morning. It is making my skin crawl to not be working.

That is the portion of my basement cordoned off with shelves. That doesn't include board games, jigsaw puzzles, or paperbacks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bat Profile
United States
Sandworms USA
Plateau of Leng
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have experience with bar code scanners specifically for books?

Stuff like Red Laser & Shop Savvy are entirely worthless for scanning book ISBNs from UPCs
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Gjerde
Norway
Trondheim
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
http://landnam.old.no
badge
http://old.no
mbmbmbmbmb
Altair IV wrote:
Anyone have experience with bar code scanners specifically for books?

Stuff like Red Laser & Shop Savvy are entirely worthless for scanning book ISBNs from UPCs

When we registered a LibraryThing account, my wife ordered a :CueCat scanner which can be used for the most frequently used types of barcodes for books. I don't know how much work would be involved in setting up this for other uses than the LibraryThing web form for adding books, however.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Holder
United States
Centennial
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a free app called "Bar-Code" that scans barcodes using an iPhone or iPod touch. Works pretty well, I've used it with LibraryThing to import much of my library. Scans into a list which you can cut& paste when done.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.