Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Multiple tech upgrades stacking? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Inch
Canada
flag msg tools
Hello all, relative rookie at the game.

Just wondering if the same non-unique ability on different ships can stack against an enemy ship?

Specifically, if I equip two galor class ships with em pulse and use them both on the same enemy ship, do both effects stack if I then attack him or he attacks me?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trueflight Silverwing
United States
Waverly
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Two EM Pulses from two different sources against a single enemy ship would stack together, effectively giving it a -1 Attack and -2 Defense for the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Action: Disable this card to target a ship at Range 1-2. The targeted ship rolls 1 less attack die and 1 less defense die this round.

The first attack that ship makes would be at -2 attack dice. further attacks would be unnaffeted

The first defense roll that ship makes would be at -2 defense dice. further defense rolls would also be unaffected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Inch
Canada
flag msg tools
Interesting...

I was under the impression the -1 defence carried over till the end of the round and that any ship that attacked it would get the benefit of the em pulse. After all the card text says "this round" and a round involves every ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Sanchez
United States
Clermont
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
9. When a card ability allows a player to gain a certain number of attack or defense dice "this round" (for example, Scotty), how does this work?

For attack dice, this allows the player to add that many attack dice (in total) to his attack rolls during that round's Combat Phase. If a player is able to make multiple attacks during the same Combat Phase, the player may choose when to add the bonus attack dice. These dice can even be added to Secondary Weapon attacks.

For defense dice, this allows the player to add that many defense dice (in total) to his defense rolls during that round's Combat Phase. If the player is attacked multiple times during the same Combat Phase, the player can choose when to add the bonus defense dice.

Note that this type of text is different from a continuous bonus which does not use the phrase "this round" (for example, the text on Donatra or Terrell). A continuous bonus applies to all attack and defense rolls made by the affected ships during that round.

10. When a card ability forces a player to roll fewer attack or defense dice "this round" (for example, Kyle), how does that work?

The player must roll fewer attack or defense dice in total during that round's Combat Phase, starting with the very next time the player uses those dice during the Combat Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Inch
Canada
flag msg tools
Thanks for the info and clarification

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scooter of the Ancients
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Chrinch wrote:
Interesting...

I was under the impression the -1 defence carried over till the end of the round and that any ship that attacked it would get the benefit of the em pulse. After all the card text says "this round" and a round involves every ship.

Let me introduce you to one of the most vague and controversial phrasing choices in the history of STAW...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eris lulz
msg tools
Mordaenor wrote:
Chrinch wrote:
Interesting...

Let me introduce you to one of the most vague and controversial phrasing choices in the history of STAW...

"1 less defense die" meaning.. 1 less defense die..
when it means more/less defense die each time you defend, it says that. e.g. tetryon emissions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.