Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J Boomhower
United States
Fairfield
VT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can you really only deploy turrets in your standard deployment zone? Seems to me they would be far more effective protecting areas in no man's land not your own side of the board. As of right now, I cant see honestly using if I have to put them down right in front of me. Please help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Hill
United Kingdom
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've asked this question (or one similar) over on the CMON forum. I think it would make more sense that turrets can be deployed inside your territory, but this is not what the rule says.

Certain missions will allocate squares to turrets in No-man's-land also (check out the Blitzkrieg campaign on the rivet wars website).

I can also see players agreeing to deploy turrets in certain locations prior to the game starting (perhaps during an early round).

AS it stands, given the range of most plugs I don't see me deploying turrets into a valuable deployment grids.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R. Stokes
United States
Chatham
Illinois
flag msg tools
BoardGameGeek
badge
BoardGameGeek
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree. Deployment within territory seems reasonable. Otherwise, how is "must be placed in a deployment grid" any different from any other unit?

EDIT: Ted indicated that turrets are intended to be deployed only within deployment zones. However, he indicated that were originally designed for initial placement and not deployment during a battle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls