15 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: WizKids Open Winning Teams rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Costanza
msg tools
Hi Dice Masters,

Do we know what won the WKO event? Could someone post it here?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not entirely sure, one of the top two wasn't planning on going to Nationals and gave the win to the other guy in Austin. I'll be sending the top four team lists to the gentleman running dicemastersdb.com, so check there for lists soonish.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McDowell
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
Eyefink wrote:
Not entirely sure, one of the top two wasn't planning on going to Nationals and gave the win to the other guy in Austin. I'll be sending the top four team lists to the gentleman running dicemastersdb.com, so check there for lists soonish.

Now available at http://www.dicemastersdb.com/news/top-4-teams-wizkids-open-2...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LoranBGG wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

Now available at http://www.dicemastersdb.com/news/top-4-teams-wizkids-open-2...

Doesn't show what Basic Actions they used. :-/

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McDowell
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
Scorpion0x17 wrote:
LoranBGG wrote:
Eyefink wrote:

Doesn't show what Basic Actions they used. :-/

Yeah, unfortunately Matthew forgot to take note of them. I'm hoping someone will be able to fill in the blanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is interesting. All four teams had 4 Gobbys, only one team had BW. All four had Beast, but 2 ran 666 and 2 ran genetics expert. I'm sorry, do we know which team won?

3/4 ran Johnny Storm and Windrider. (The one with BW ran neither).

Thanks for posting this!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Lindstrom
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I'd think it's pretty safe to assume most of them ran rally and something else (probably distraction).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
In the words of Dennis Green, "They are who we thought they were!"

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Marema
United States
Ellisville
MO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jhoratio wrote:

As a Bears fan, I've always loved that post game speech.

Regarding the winning teams, yeah there really aren't many surprises here. Just the same basic formula repeated over and over again. One interesting part is seeing how they set up their "filler" spots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Valenso wrote:
jhoratio wrote:

As a Bears fan, I've always loved that post game speech.

Regarding the winning teams, yeah there really aren't many surprises here. Just the same basic formula repeated over and over again. One interesting part is seeing how they set up their "filler" spots.

Ha ha - glad you got the reference. Silver Surfer global is a required engine for Gobby and the other globals are all the force attacks. I thought the teams with both Mr. Fantastic AND Phoenix were interesting. But yeah these are just Gobby teams. No surprise here.

I'd be interested in hearing the rationale behind not including Johnny Storm or Wind Rider in that 4th team, but that just shows you how strong Rally/Gobby is.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dr Who
msg tools
mb
byrdru wrote:
This is interesting. All four teams had 4 Gobbys, only one team had BW. All four had Beast, but 2 ran 666 and 2 ran genetics expert. I'm sorry, do we know which team won?

Thanks for posting this!

If you haven't sold your Tsarina for profit yet..........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan McDowell
United Kingdom
Belfast
flag msg tools
byrdru wrote:

Thanks for posting this!

Various member of the community have been in touch and provided some more info, including the winner and what basic actions they were using. Post on DiceMastersDB has been updated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Butcher
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey I updated. Not the end of the world but it's Rob Hunsaker, Cory (without the e) and Stephen Wilcox (sorry I spelt it Steven). You can actually see their records on the Wizkids event system for that store. The link is: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/match.php?EVENT_ID=81788

Cory finished 3rd with fewer points because that was in the Swiss and in the Top 4 he lost to the eventual champion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew McFarland
United States
Floresville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome! I felt bad that I whiffed on the actions and names. I should note that everyone I had contact with there was really cool, especially the top four who all gave me access to their team sheets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Byrd
United States
Ocean Grove
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who can't open the wizkids link, Rob beat Brian (the deck with BW and without HT or Storm) in the final. What does that tell you? I don't know.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.