Brett Pidde
United States
Freeman
South Dakota
flag msg tools
I've managed to get through this quest a few times consistantly now in Easy Mode by running through the encounter deck and turning the Trolls into stone. Getting those treasures, even in Easy Mode, seems to be an extreme challenge however.

With Bert's card stating that "Players cannot play attachment cards on Troll enemies" does this include the Troll Purse and Troll Key?

Requiring me to destroy Bert before I can attach the objective cards, then destroying another Troll to claim the Purse (or just do some damage to claim the Key).

I guess the big question is do they count as "Attachment Cards" because they are being "attached" even though they are labeled as "Objective" cards? Or can I attach them even with Bert being around?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Wheelock
Canada
Woodstock
New Brunswick
flag msg tools
badge
David Malki drew this!
mbmbmbmbmb
Players cannot play attachments on trolls. The Encounter deck, though, can. The objectives come from the Encounter deck, so the Key and Purse can go on them, but something like Forest Snare could not (until Bert is taken care of).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Pidde
United States
Freeman
South Dakota
flag msg tools
Makes enough sense I suppose. These cards are so literal that it takes another person's perspective to understand sometime...

Will give the scenario some more goes tomorrow and see if I can nab that treasure!

Thank You!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chadgar24
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
remember with the Errata it is easier to get those treasures now:

Troll Purse OHUH 42
Should read: “If Troll Purse is discarded, add it to the
staging area. If Troll Purse is unattached and in the
staging area, attach it to a Troll enemy, if able.”
Troll Key OHUH 43
Should read: “If Troll Key is discarded, add it to the
staging area. If Troll Key is unattached and in the
staging area, attach it to a Troll enemy, if able.”

so the purse and key can now sit there until a troll come into play. The old version made you discard them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Pidde
United States
Freeman
South Dakota
flag msg tools
My version of the expansion must be a more recent copy because that's word for word what my cards say.

I gave it a couple attempts today. First one the Troll Key didn't show up until far too late. Ended up beating the scenario but no treasures earned. Tonight I tried again with the Key being one of the first Encounter cards to come out. Got it into the hands of Bilbo but Treacheries depleted my allies and my resources. Tomorrow's a new day
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.