john bryant
msg tools
when you play a basic game with just the starting cards and you do encounter from act ii do you still use the act 2 monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aswin Agastya
Indonesia
Bekasi
Jawa Barat
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, use act 1 monsters if you play a basic game regardless of the quest chosen.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darren Nakamura
United States
Columbus
Mississippi
flag msg tools
http://www.destructoid.com/author.phtml?a=1364
badge
Darren@destructoid.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That said, if you are going to play single quests, I generally recommend playing at least on the Epic - Advanced level, if not on Epic - Expert after you get the hang of how things run. That way, you get more interesting skill/item/monster interactions to play around with.

That said, this game really works best in campaign play, so I'd recommend that over Epic play one-shot quests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Wionzek
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're just interested in one-shots, really, you'd probably get more from the coop modules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
voidreturn
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
Dragoonkin wrote:
If you're just interested in one-shots, really, you'd probably get more from the coop modules.

I still like Epic Play. It's a great way to allow the overlord to try new combinations similar to how the coop allows interesting hero combinations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.