Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So the rules state that you can fire weapons for NO action cost. Meaning fire away on your turn until you run out of ammo, correct?

Does the same hold true for Melee weapons? Basically keep attacking until the weapon breaks? Given the rules, it sounds like attacking zombies is not an action, meaning attack away on your turn until you're out of ammo or your weapon breaks? The way the rules are written I'm very confused on how player attacks work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin De Witt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Sky,

Let me see if I can clarify how combat works.

There are 2 ways to fight zombies:

1. You can use one of your 2 actions to fight a zombie during Phase 1, the "Perform Actions" phase of your turn, since it's considered "Using a Cabin Card". This would cost a bullet if you are firing a gun, or cause you to roll dice if you were using a melee weapon. Each attack done during this phase takes 1 action, so you can only make 2 attacks this way.

2. The second way to fight a zombie is during Phase 4, the "Fight Zombies" phase, but this ONLY applies to zombies that are in the same space with you. Combat during this phase is done at no action cost, but you only fight each zombie one time. That means you can still use guns or melee weapons, but you don't have to spend an action to do so.

As an example, let's say I'm in the same space with 3 zombies during my "Fight Zombies" phase. I have a gun with 2 bullets left, and a Pipe Wrench.

I use my gun twice, one time each on the first two zombies which damages each zombie and leaves my gun empty, turning it into a club. I still have 1 zombie left to fight and I can use either my new club or my pipe wrench. Let's say I choose the pipe wrench and roll the die, getting a high enough roll to damage the zombie for 2pts (because the pipe wrench is awesome) which ends my combat.

I hope that helps!
-Justin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sky Zero
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That clears it up....thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Jackson
United States
Darien
Illinois
flag msg tools
Justin-
Let's say you have 3 zombies in your space and just one non-club melee weapon. Can you use the melee weapon 3 times (once per zombie)? Or are you only allowed to use one melee weapon per zombie per turn? Do non-club melee weapons stay in your hand after combat?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Williams
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
geedwan wrote:
Justin-
Let's say you have 3 zombies in your space and just one non-club melee weapon. Can you use the melee weapon 3 times (once per zombie)? Or are you only allowed to use one melee weapon per zombie per turn? Do non-club melee weapons stay in your hand after combat?

Thanks in advance!

Christopher -

Hi! Chris - the "official presence" of Fireside on BGG here. I ran your question past Justin and here's his answer:

"You can fight with the same non-club melee weapon as many times as you wish. However, remember that if you fail a combat roll using a melee weapon you must either take 1 point of damage, OR discard that melee weapon. So, as long as you win combat you can use the weapon over and over. (Pg. 3 Dead Panic rule book 'Unlike a club, the melee weapon is kept after a win.')"

There you go! Hope that helps and please keep the questions coming!

Chris w/Fireside

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.