Geoffrey Phipps
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I've been working on this game for 10 years (probably longer, but I am too embarrassed to admit that). It was accepted for p500 by GMT this year.

This is a cross-post from consimworld, apologies if you read this twice. I am still working out how the image uploading works.

Scot and Cory are playing the free landing scenarios, and Scot (as the Entente) is having even more trouble than they did historically. He has tried landing in force on both sides of Gaba Tepe (seemed like a good idea to me), and ignored Cape Helles. However, Cory chose to reinforce the beaches, and it has been a bloodbath. There won't be much of an ANZAC legend because there aren't many ANZACs left However, Mustafa Kemal is a shoe-in as the Father of Modern Turkey

The first photo shows the 29th Division landing south of Gaba Tepe (which is near the top of the image). Gaba Tepe is heavily invested. On the next turn the assault resulted in an "Us/Them" situation (both units in the same hex, hiding in the folds in the ground, neither side prepared to stick it's head up to force a final showdown).

Lots of confused Tommies near Beach F. The elite Turkish 57th Regiment is pressuring the centre of the British landing.

The second photo shows the remains of two Australian Brigades to the North of Gaba Tepe. The artillery on the 400 plateau and the CD artillery at Gaba Tepe wiped out the rest. Historically the Australian first wave caught the 7/9 mountain artillery in the flank at dawn before they could switch their position, and the CD artillery at GT could not actually see Anzac Cove. The mistake in landing 1.5km to the North of their intended landing place really saved the Australians.

Photos courtesy of Scot McConnachie.

My new theory is that the Entente needs to land the covering force at 8pm, giving them two full turns of darkness to take out the coastal defence artillery. However, as the designer, I also know how badly scattered the night landing force will be. They might not land at all. The game could be decided on turn 1!

Decisions decisions.

cheers Geoff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.