Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
David Marceau
United States
Benicia
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since I doubt if this game will be re-published soon, can anyone clarify if this game is similar in gameplay to Letters from Whitechapel, or Scotland yard? I have heard that they are very similar in mechanics and gameplay, and the only difference being theme. Is this an accurate statement? Which is more similar?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say Fury of Dracula is Scotland Yard on steroids. Both hunters (police officers) and Dracula (Mister X) have multiple cards to enhance their actions. Ofcourse, having more options also affects game length.

It's a really simple and light explanation, but that seems to be the info you're looking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
Hitfordcycle wrote:
Since I doubt if this game will be re-published soon, can anyone clarify if this game is similar in gameplay to Letters from Whitechapel, or Scotland yard? I have heard that they are very similar in mechanics and gameplay, and the only difference being theme. Is this an accurate statement? Which is more similar?

All 3 games are in the same genre, and are sort of like each other (as in they are hunt Mr X games) but all 3 are quite different in both feel and mechnically. They are not simple reskins of each other, they do their own thing in their own way.
Scotland is the most pure 'simply chase' game. It's the simplest and the quickest, where basically you work out where the guy is trying to go to win. It's the most casual of the three.
Dracula is the most thematic both in feel and in mechanics, it's a cat and mouse game where simply finding Drac isn't enough, you also have to tool up to kill him and drac can drop traps and stuff. It's the longest and most rule heavy of the 3.
Letters is probably the most 'deductive'/detective of the 3, with the game taking place of several nights so the board gets sort of 'resets' and you have to piece together what yopu learned each night to figure out where the murderers hideout it. I find it a bit frustrating and not as fun as it should be but it certainly has a lot of fans.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blumentritt
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Dracula is more similar to the old AH game Bismarck than to Scotland Yard or Letters from Whitechapel. Or, at the least, it's Scotland Yard meets Bismarck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.