Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.giochiuniti.it/index.php?option=com_acymailing&ct...

(Near the bottom of the page)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb

From left to right, then top to bottom:

Kuriboh
Saggi, the Dark Clown
Injection Fairy Lily
Summoned Skull
Jinzo
Blue-Eyes White Dragon
Flame Swordsman (? - Looks like it might be his sword and the colours work)
Millennium Puzzle (? - Not sure if a card was ever based off of it)
Red-Eyes Black Dragon
Dark Magician Girl (?)
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Marshmallon
Baby Dragon
Dark Magician
Morphing Jar (?)

What I've we've come up with so far.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Jotora wrote:
[IMG][/IMG]

From left to right, then top to bottom:

??
??
Injection Fairy Lily
??
Jinzo
Blue-Eyes White Dragon
??
?? (Called the Millennium Puzzle, but I'm not sure if a card was ever based off of it)
Red-Eyes Black Dragon
??
??
Marshmallon
??
Dark Magician
??

What I've come up with so far.

I'm just waiting on the Slipher The Executive Producer and Mega Ultra Chicken expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I spy the millennium puzzle. The baby dragon. And perhaps the witch of the black forest and maybe a bug of some sorts in the top left.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kuriboh top left?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
I spy the millennium puzzle. The baby dragon. And perhaps the witch of the black forest and maybe a bug of some sorts in the top left.
Edited with your suggestions. I think you're right about the Witch and definitely right about Baby Dragon.

EDIT: Witch of the Black Forest didn't have a hat... I'm looking at the art now.

Though it might be Dark Magician Girl, but her hat doesn't look like that.

slimo wrote:
Kuriboh top left?
I think you're right about that. Edited in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So what exactly does Yu-gi-oh dicemasters represent? Marvel is obviously a bunch of heroes fighting each other. So is this one the same. But with monsters instead of heroes? I am guessing "cards" do not play into it. I bet everyone plays a pharaoh or some kind of sorcerer who is literally summing the monsters as opposed to playing duel monsters.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#4 summoned skull, #10 dark magician girl? It looks like a staff and the die matches her colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
#7 may be the flame swordsman.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
#4 summoned skull, #10 dark magician girl? It looks like a staff and the die matches her colors.

The Summoned Skull horns seem like a fit to me. Also fairly powerful A/D.

Bottom right could be a Morphing Jar or similar?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

MajaiofDreams wrote:
#7 may be the flame swordsman.

Nice. I came up with Summoned Skull and Flame Swordsman as well (I was in edit mode for the last half-hour scouring the web and didn't click submit). Glad I'm not the only one.

I'll put in Dark Magician Girl for #10. I was thinking that as well but thought differently because I'd have put the colours at pink and light blue. Still, she's almost certainly in the set, and is iconic enough to use in the promo image, so it just may be.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Coli c/o Eastbiz Corp.
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Slimo, why did you copy/paste my previous post with the link and the release date news? I had already opened one.. Just curious.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Quinn
New Zealand
Auckland
none
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
verdealex79 wrote:
Slimo, why did you copy/paste my previous post with the link and the release date news? I had already opened one.. Just curious.

Sorry was posting at work and for some reason thought your posted in a different forum...my bad!

Credit to
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
for the info!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Hawthorne
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now on the official solicitation page of Wizkids.

http://heroclix.com/downloads/retailer-assets-page
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:
So what exactly does Yu-gi-oh dicemasters represent? Marvel is obviously a bunch of heroes fighting each other. So is this one the same. But with monsters instead of heroes? I am guessing "cards" do not play into it. I bet everyone plays a pharaoh or some kind of sorcerer who is literally summing the monsters as opposed to playing duel monsters.

Aren't we the spkey headed kid and the emo kid throwing monsters at each other?
I'm not sure since I'm not a huge follower of the property but that seems more thematically correct than the "Mastermind" in Marvel.

There be Dragons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
MajaiofDreams wrote:

Aren't we the spkey headed kid and the emo kid throwing monsters at each other?
I'm not sure since I'm not a huge follower of the property but that seems more thematically correct than the "Mastermind" in Marvel.

There be Dragons!

Well in the cartoon they were just playing a card game with hologram monsters. There were no real monsters. So I think the dicemasters game represents people from the ancient days actually summoning monsters. That is the only way it would make sense to combine sets.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
john withers
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Didn't the cartoons eventually show them playing another type of game or two? I kinda fuzzily remember them playing something more like the Dice Duel game they briefly promoted.
Also, seems like the manga delved into more than just card games. If so, maybe this fits into that sort of idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
BigIV wrote:
Didn't the cartoons eventually show them playing another type of game or two? I kinda fuzzily remember them playing something more like the Dice Duel game they briefly promoted.
Also, seems like the manga delved into more than just card games. If so, maybe this fits into that sort of idea.
One season (or maybe it was less than that) focused on "Dungeon Dice Monsters", a new game sharing little similarities with the original outside of familiar monsters.

It was implemented in a physical game as well as at least one video game (which I played).

It was entertaining for a little while, but ultimately inferior to the original card game by a lot. I'm kind of glad this new game isn't based on it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dungeon dice monsters was a mini series of i think only 3 episodes. I own the first few seasons and except for a few moments to add plot tension it was all cards and holograms.

So I truly hope the designers have a concept how Yu-Gi-oh will tie in conceptually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Wood
United States
Saint Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
#2 might be Saggi, the Dark Clown.

#10 seems like it could be Magician of Faith, although the staffs aren't a perfect match (although, to be fair, Dark Magician Girl's staff isn't a good match either).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pocolius wrote:
#2 might be Saggi, the Dark Clown.

#10 seems like it could be Magician of Faith, although the staffs aren't a perfect match (although, to be fair, Dark Magician Girl's staff isn't a good match either).
Yeah, I think you nailed it with Saggi. I though Mag of Faith too, but I don't think those would be her colours.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was going to suggest that the bottom left die might be Spellbinding Circle, but then I noticed the A/D values. It could be Time Wizard? The colours kinda match and the symbol could as well.
The Barrel-looking thing on the bottom right is also kinda confusing. It's probably Morphing Jar but I would kinda hope that they'd use Morphing Jar's giant trollface as its symbol.

Luckily figuring out the dice should be pretty easy since they're probably going to be focused on the Original Series and I strongly doubt that they will incorporate filler-only cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Satan Himself
United States
Dead Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
#11 might be Breaker The Magical Warrior. The colors match his armor and his shield has a triangle on it, albeit the triangle is on a purple gem so it might not be the perfect match.

Edit: Was also a Clix. I think it's Breaker.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Ramundi
Canada
Cornwall
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
I call green!
mbmbmbmbmb
WretchedSpawn wrote:
#11 might be Breaker The Magical Warrior. The colors match his armor and his shield has a triangle on it, albeit the triangle is on a purple gem so it might not be the perfect match.

Edit: Was also a Clix. I think it's Breaker.
You may be right. I thought the symbol looked like the one found on Pitch-Black Power Stone, which grants Spell Counters, which Breaker (and many other cards) uses. Now that you've pointed out the same symbol on Breaker's shield, which I never noticed before, I think it's very likely.

This makes me very anxious to see if Spell Counters and/or similar mechanics will be found in this set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clay
United States
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MajaiofDreams wrote:

So I truly hope the designers have a concept how Yu-Gi-oh will tie in conceptually.

It will allow them to cash in on the existing fanbase and has a massive backlog of characters to borrow from. That's probably the extent of the concept, whatever the blurb at the start of the rules may say.

Won't keep me from buying it, of course.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.