Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Williams
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
This game is awesome very hard. Some issues are coming up about how to apply Damage. Damage is not a damage pool to use any way you wish on an obstacle. If it is show me where in the rule book PLEASE.

Other then that the game is very tight on the rules.
Card abilities are not optional unless stated on the card using the words. CAN, MAY.

My girlfriend and I played about 10 to 15 games and won about 6 times if you want to use the successful aborts as a win.

I am buying expansions when they come out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
Never trot when you can prance.
mbmbmbmbmb
Alphaborn wrote:
This game is awesome very hard. Some issues are coming up about how to apply Damage. Damage is not a damage pool to use any way you wish on an obstacle. If it is show me where in the rule book PLEASE.

Not from the rulebook, but there's an official answer here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16904516#16904516.

The short version is: Damage to a single objective CAN be considered a pool to split up and assign how you like.

That said, remember that damage from a single card cannot be split between objectives unless the card specifically says so.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
Alphaborn wrote:

Not from the rulebook, but there's an official answer here: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/16904516#16904516.

The short version is: Damage to a single objective CAN be considered a pool to split up and assign how you like.

That said, remember that damage from a single card cannot be split between objectives unless the card specifically says so.

and once played you cant move the cards from one objective to another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernie K
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
Page 15 of the rulebook (according to the PDF).

Yes, it IS a pool that can be distributed as you wish once you've decided t play it on a a specific obstacle, but not shared among obstacles.

Meaning if you play, say, three cards on one obstacle, and that first card does both one colorless and one green damage, that damage COULD be assigned to the first and last levels if the other cards hand the intervening levels. However, you could not spend the two different damage icons on different obstacles. I hope that's not more confusing.

Doesn't matter what order you play the cards in. That's why playing cards and assigning damage is two different phases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:

False. It's very clear in the rules that you can move them around. You have to lock them all in before you start applying damage, but until you're done playing cards you can reallocate your cards however you want. You can even play a card that lets you draw a card, and then move the first card in response to what you drew.

Rulebook p.13 wrote:
If your cards have any abilities other than damage on them, resolve those abilities when you play the card. When you play a card, don't put it into the discard yet. Instead, put it next to the obstacle that you want to damage with the card (You can damage obstacles facing any runner). ... If you change your mind after playing more cards, you can move previously placed cards to different obstacles.
[Emphasis Mine]

(Edit: TYPOZ)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I messed up 1 rule. not too bad though game might be a little different now easier. All good nice quick hard game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cosmonaut Zero wrote:
Klaxas wrote:

False. It's very clear in the rules that you can move them around. You have to lock them all in before you start applying damage, but until you're done playing cards you can reallocate your cards however you want. You can even play a card that lets you draw a card, and then move the first card in response to what you drew.

Rulebook p.13 wrote:
If your cards have any abilities other than damage on them, resolve those abilities when you play the card. When you play a card, don't put it into the discard yet. Instead, put it next to the obstacle that you want to damage with the card (You can damage obstacles facing any runner). ... If you change your mind after playing more cards, you can move previously placed cards to different obstacles.
[Emphasis Mine]

(Edit: TYPOZ)

thanks for this clairification! i actually read that same passage in the rulebook but changed can to cant in my mind.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Wasson
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
DAD JOKES
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Klaxas wrote:
thanks for this clairification! i actually read that same passage in the rulebook but changed can to cant in my mind.

No problem! I have... totally done the same thing before.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.