Subject: A few more questions after my 3rd (and I LOVE THIS) game! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
First, Does the special commands of Gandalf or the Elf general allow for leadership re-rolls. I do not think so, but wanted to confirm.

Second, The Warg ability. How does it work with timing with certain special abilities like Bilbo or cancel damage manuever card?

Example- 5 Free peoples, take 3 hits. Enemy played the warg. Bilbo plays a ring to cancell 2 hits... they now take 1 hit... but now does the Warg ability kick in apply hits so that there are 6 before deductions? If so, then probably don't want to use Bilbo's ability if the warg card is active.

Or do you apply the warg damage, then play Bilbo to reduce 2?

Same goes for the Free people manuever card that cancels a damage... Unless the warg applies first, then you cancel a damage?

Last (for now)... can you use event cards to move the goblin armies? Or only eye die can?

Thanks in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steva fields
United States
vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You just get the dice that the card gives you. So no reroll for Magic Blast or Archery Attacks.

The Warg card says at the end of the round you apply the Warg effect. So after everything has been sorted out, then you apply the effect.

Goblins move like any other army, with the addition that you can use the eye die to also move any army that contains a Goblin.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Misread those bottom 2 in the rules... Now my goblins have a lot more options...

Also that makes that Warg card REALLY ferocious if it hits...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Miller
United States
Britton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question. Page 20 when it describes the range ruler rules. It says that the Lake-Men in Ruins of Dale cannot attack because they are in the wrong terrain type. Where is this type of limitation explained? I only went through the rules once but didn't see where terrain type affect my ability to make an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
"To be honorable and just is our only defense against men without honor or justice." -Diogenes of Sinope
badge
I simply walk into Mordor.
mbmbmbmbmb
Road Judge wrote:
I have a question. Page 20 when it describes the range ruler rules. It says that the Lake-Men in Ruins of Dale cannot attack because they are in the wrong terrain type. Where is this type of limitation explained? I only went through the rules once but didn't see where terrain type affect my ability to make an attack.

It's on Thranduil's card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josiah Leis
United States
Merino
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
I spent 100 GG and all I got was this stupid overtext.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:

Second, The Warg ability. How does it work with timing with certain special abilities like Bilbo or cancel damage manuever card?

Example- 5 Free peoples, take 3 hits. Enemy played the warg. Bilbo plays a ring to cancel 2 hits... they now take 1 hit... but now does the Warg ability kick in apply hits so that there are 6 before deductions? If so, then probably don't want to use Bilbo's ability if the warg card is active.

Or do you apply the warg damage, then play Bilbo to reduce 2?

Same goes for the Free people maneuver card that cancels a damage... Unless the warg applies first, then you cancel a damage?

Last (for now)... can you use event cards to move the goblin armies? Or only eye die can?

Thanks in advance!

I am confused by the question you are asking about the Warg maneuver card. My reading of the card is that you must take casualties in your army until you have only 1 or 0 damage tokens remaining on it (similar to a rout). You seem to be thinking it somehow adds damage to the army? Am I just really misreading the card or your question? Here is a quote of the card for reference:

"Rearguard Attack

At the end of the round, your opponent is forced to apply Damage until a maximum of one Damage token is left."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Miller
United States
Britton
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sos1 wrote:
Road Judge wrote:

It's on Thranduil's card.

Derp. thanks!blush I've not had much time to read the cards yet. Plan on playing/learning the game tonight with my son.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.