Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What's the second tie breaker (if there is one)?

We played a 3 player game and all of us had 6vp at the end, and two players had the same number of cubes, 21. Turn order is the next tie breaker maybe?

The game is interesting, but being a 3 way tie at the end, that made it anti-climatic and I was not satisfied

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Leibbrandt
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm...never seen that happen before. Turn order sounds good to me. Congratulations to the winner.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, that would be me then

I re-read the rulebook after and we played with the correct rules for sure (which are very clear and easy to follow).
The only thing missing is a player aid with what to do at the end of an action segment, end of colonization 1 and 2 and end of the turn, so you don't have to take out the rulebook.

But I made a quick one myself and it was very handy.

The game was interesting. I need to play it again, that's for sure, now that we know the cards better. It did happen a few times when after we resolved a conflict, there was still one native influence disc remaining and we would be thinking "darn math!". The actions did not take too long, but I noticed the colonization phase was taking a lot of time.

But after a while, after we resolved a conflict, we distributed the resources immediately on the same region, instead of resolving conflict for region 1 to 6 and then go again from 1 to 6 to remove the cubes. Any issues in doing this? It sped up the game a little.
(Yes, we can't play cards and then resolve conflict in the same region one after another, we got that part)

Good job on designing the game!

I will definitely need to check out your next game
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Leibbrandt
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm glad you enjoyed Colonialism, Andrei!

I had a player aide up on BGG for an older PnP version, but I took it down when the published version came out. I'll see what I can do about posting a new one.

Colonization, particularly conflict, can take a little while to resolve on your first play. I think you'll find though that it becomes much quicker once you've played the game a couple times.

Quote:
But after a while, after we resolved a conflict, we distributed the resources immediately on the same region, instead of resolving conflict for region 1 to 6 and then go again from 1 to 6 to remove the cubes. Any issues in doing this? It sped up the game a little.
(Yes, we can't play cards and then resolve conflict in the same region one after another, we got that part)

This actually the way it is suppose to be done. Page 9 of the rules reads: If the region requires colonization actions to be performed, they are resolved before the next region's colonization check is done.

That is to say, cards, conflict, and resource collection are resolved for region 1 before resolving cards, conflict, and resources for region 2, and so on and so forth...

Does that make sense? I apologize if the rules did not make this clear. This can have a large bearing on the game, as many cards' resolution is dependent on the status of other regions.

Again, thanks for the feedback. I really do love to hear when someone enjoyed one of my designs!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei
Canada
Maple
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OH! I'm an idiot, I misunderstood that. We were resolving card play in region 1, then 2, then 3 and so on, then conflict in regions 1 through 6 then resources collection 1 to 6. And I read the rules a few times. My bad!

As intended, the game will be a lot faster and will be definitely BETTER, as now each region as you resolve it will influence the others quite seriously. The region order tiles are so much more important than I thought!

OK, it's time to play it again soon then, with the proper rules! (Duh. I'm embarrassed)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Leibbrandt
United States
Milwaukee
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haha, I know the feeling, Andrei. It's pretty rare in my group that we play a game 100% correct the first time through...especially if I'm the one teaching it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.