mbmbmbmbmb

Publisher: Iello
Game Designer: Luca Bellini

Players: 2-10

Ages: 12 and up

Playing Time: 15 minutes

Contents: 6 Foam Animals, 24 Cards, 1 White Die, 1 Black Die, Rulebook

In this special "family" edition of a Loki's Flying Circus Review I have
invited some of our "Jr" members to help critique the family game "Fun Farm" by Iello.

The "Jr" members consist of my niece Emma, my nephew Connor, and my son Ethan.

You start by making a circle of the foam animals and each player will take turns placing a card in the circle and rolling the dice. If either the color on the black die or white die matches either color on the card, then all player must be the first to grab the foam animal that corresponds to the animal on the card. It is a pure game of color recognition followed by hand eye coordination.

Each time you are the first to collect the animal, you receive the card. If you impulsively grab an animal that is not matching the colors on the card, you will actually lose a card you have already gained. The point of the game, of course, is to collect the most cards.

The mechanics in the game are quite sound and simple. One of the best games I have seen at targeting such a young class of gamer. Emma and Ethan both greatly enjoyed the game saying it created feelings of "anticipation" and being "rushed, but in a good way". Connor, probably the most statistical thinker of the three, was not a fan and didn't like the frantic pace of the game.

The production value in the game is solid. The cards and dice are quality, but the animals are what really make it shine. They could have gone cheap, but by using foam molding and detailed painting they made the animals cute and easy to grab.

I believe after watching and participating in Fun Farm that not only would this game be fun for a 6 year old, or older, it would help improve recognition, cognitive patterns, and urgency in critical thinking.

Components - 9
Kid Rating - 8
Dad Score (Educational) - 7
Dad Score (Dad Fun) - 4
Overall - 7

Loki's Flying Circus

Facebook: https: www.facebook.com/lokisfun
Twitter: @yxblar
Facebook Egaming Page: www.facebook.com/yxblar
Email: lokisfun@yahoo.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.