Tomasz Wawrzyszko
Poland
flag msg tools
Soo, i just ordered Character Add-on (along with Adv. 2 and 3). And now i wonder if i did right thing.

As far i understand class decks are for something called organised play (and as far i know im the only owner of PACG in 3 cities radius). So i for sure wont participate in any form of that play.

So my question is...should i get class decks anytime soon?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eirik Uthus
Norway
0468 Oslo
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For home play I would tell you to get the Character Add-on to the Adventure path first, it gives you more character choices and cards in theme with the adventure path you are running. And it makes it possible to run the game with up to six characters in stead of four.

The class decks is possible to use in your game at home. It gives you more choices of characters in each of the classes to play, and it gives some cards you can shuffle into your home game to use.

You can find character sheets for every character officially released here:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy914x

There is also possible to run Organized Play at home, that will require you to have Skulls & Shackles + all the later adventure packs + at least one Class Deck though. You probably want several different Class Decks to diversify the characters in your group.

This nifty guide will help you understand Organized Play:
http://paizo.com/products/btpy98no?Guide-to-Pathfinder-Socie...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Zurimbarai wrote:
So my question is...should i get class decks anytime soon?

I wouldn't. You can use the class decks with the home game, but there are really only two reasons you might want to do this:

(1) You want to play one of the characters in a class deck.
(2) You want to be able to use some of the cards in a class deck.

Reason (1) is a terrible reason, because you can simply download the character sheets from Paizo and play all of the characters without ever buying any of the class decks. Reason (2) is better, but it is really not at all necessary to supplement the game with more cards. There are plenty to discover in the game without adding in more stuff.

So, I would say to only get the class decks if you are the kind of person who just has to have absolutely everything for a game and has a lot of money to spend. Otherwise, forget about the class decks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Faupel
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
Ok, I'm confused. I have the char add-on and skinsaw murders decks. So now, my cards either have a B, 1, 2, or C. I've been assuming the C cards are from the char add-on. What is this class deck?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
bigdave53 wrote:
Ok, I'm confused. I have the char add-on and skinsaw murders decks. So now, my cards either have a B, 1, 2, or C. I've been assuming the C cards are from the char add-on. What is this class deck?

Class Decks are complete decks for just one particular class. Like a Bard deck or a Cleric deck, etc.

You don't have a Class Deck. It would indicate that's what it is up in the corner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.