Subject: SH('14) The new board sections rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
MaL
United Kingdom
S YORKS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it me or do the new board sections not have the jigsaw bit on them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stirling
Australia
flag msg tools
badge
mb
Well, it wouldn't surprise me if the boarding pods and elevator don't use the jigsaw sections. Whatever other board sections it adds though almost certainly use the jigsaw connections.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Moffatt
Australia
Ipswich
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it has flat end pieces that jigsaw to the existing tunnel sections. The boarding torpedoes have a ramp that sit over the join between the torpedo and the board.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cracky McCracken
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just unboxed a 2009 copy and I can't see how they could even fit another piece of paper into that box much less another sheet of tiles.

Are the new tiles a bit thinner or something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John "Omega" Williams
United States
Kentwood
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Might be wrong. But the shape of the box in the photos looks a little different? Could be they deepened the box a fraction?

Or maybee they just stuff the tiles and stuff in the old box style and it just doesnt close completely?

You'll know soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Stone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Omega2064 wrote:
Might be wrong. But the shape of the box in the photos looks a little different? Could be they deepened the box a fraction?

Or maybee they just stuff the tiles and stuff in the old box style and it just doesnt close completely?

You'll know soon enough.

I haven't noticed anyone comment on this on the interweb, but the actual design of the box and booklets looks a little different to the 2009 edition, no? Thus they might be entirely new boxes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Slev Sleddeddan
United Kingdom
Victoria Park
Manchester
flag msg tools
What part of "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn" don't you understand?
badge
Don't you open that trapdoor!
mbmbmbmbmb
they use the same art assets, but the production graphics are different. They'd need new print files for the books anyway while adding the extra missions.
From what I've seen the extra room has jigsaw. The lift is in three parts, the lift itself (flat join) and two single-space corridor sections that are jigsawed on one end, flat on the other.. The boarding torpedoes are flat as they buttress-up to the outside of the board, with the "boarding ramp" piece over the boarder.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dice bags!
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to Space Hulk (fourth edition).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.