United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This just in, not having equal pay for men and women is already illegal.....
But please bash the GOP for not voting for yet another law about it which has a bunch of garbage attached to it.

Hey, all you low information voters out there, GOP hates women. Oh wait, since you are low information you will buy that its not illegal yet and the GOP just hates women. Those GOP meanies arent letting us sneak through all this other crap.
THOSE BIG MEANIES, REMEMBER THIS AT THE ELECTION.

http://www.politico.com/story/2014/09/senate-pay-equity-bill...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It does amaze me at how often a law is offered as a solution to a law which is in place but is lax in its enforcement.

That said, I hope that when you suggest this that it does go both ways. Both sides do this. While it's poor of the lefties to work it on this, do you acknowledge that those on the right try this from time to time as well?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
It does amaze me at how often a law is offered as a solution to a law which is in place but is lax in its enforcement.

That said, I hope that when you suggest this that it does go both ways. Both sides do this. While it's poor of the lefties to work it on this, do you acknowledge that those on the right try this from time to time as well?


Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.


Always trying to start a fight?
Throw the first stone and then whine when someone responds in kind.....keep it up.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.
13 
 Thumb up
5.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Boise
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmb
Dolphinandrew wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.


Example?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
How does the most ridiculous reply in this thread have the most thumbs and a tip.
Sighs.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Dolphinandrew wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.


Example?


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765574719/Effect-of-NC-ga...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
GameCrossing wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Dolphinandrew wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.


Example?


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765574719/Effect-of-NC-ga...


Voters passed this......... How in the world is this anywhere near the same thing of what I asked for?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Belgium
flag msg tools
Meaningless means there's a strong limit to how much I can mess up!
badge
This overtext is not in use.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
DWTripp wrote:
Dolphinandrew wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.


Example?


Perhaps some of these:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_U.S._state_constitution...
are from places where gay marriage was previously available, but I don't think most are.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.


Always trying to start a fight?
Throw the first stone and then whine when someone responds in kind.....keep it up.


Bullshit. I put that in because in your last two threads you asked questions and I took them seriously, giving you respectful answers. You ignored me and everyone else who did the same and responded exclusively to people who were insulting you.

Even here, you only respond where you can make it a fight, rather than to the substance. That's your choice, and it's a consistent one.
12 
 Thumb up
5.00
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.


Always trying to start a fight?
Throw the first stone and then whine when someone responds in kind.....keep it up.


Bullshit. I put that in because in your last two threads you asked questions and I took them seriously, giving you respectful answers. You ignored me and everyone else who did the same and responded exclusively to people who were insulting you.

Even here, you only respond where you can make it a fight, rather than to the substance. That's your choice, and it's a consistent one.


Why are you such a dick?
11 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:


Why are you such a dick?


Dunno. Probably because I'm on a diet. Certainly nothing to do with the tiny number of people I'm a dick to. They're great.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Why are you such a dick?


 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.


Always trying to start a fight?
Throw the first stone and then whine when someone responds in kind.....keep it up.


Bullshit. I put that in because in your last two threads you asked questions and I took them seriously, giving you respectful answers. You ignored me and everyone else who did the same and responded exclusively to people who were insulting you.

Even here, you only respond where you can make it a fight, rather than to the substance. That's your choice, and it's a consistent one.


Why are you such a dick?

Chad is always so angry.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
And you all have nothing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
jarredscott78 wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Chad_Ellis wrote:
Regardless of what you think of the law -- and of the ratio of politicsolicy behind it -- your description is simplistic. When something is illegal but still happening (gasp) it's quite common for legislators to pass new laws addressing the problem. These may include additional resources, higher penalties, greater flexibility or protections for victims, etc. The very article you cite lists some examples with respect to this bill.

Edit to add: Of course, some people will just call you an idiot. I look forward to you choosing to respond exclusively to the latter group, thus demonstrating once again that your goal is reasoned discourse.


Always trying to start a fight?
Throw the first stone and then whine when someone responds in kind.....keep it up.


Bullshit. I put that in because in your last two threads you asked questions and I took them seriously, giving you respectful answers. You ignored me and everyone else who did the same and responded exclusively to people who were insulting you.

Even here, you only respond where you can make it a fight, rather than to the substance. That's your choice, and it's a consistent one.


Why are you such a dick?

Chad is always so angry.


It's because he's a Republican.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
GameCrossing wrote:
DWTripp wrote:
Dolphinandrew wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
Please provide an example of the GOP trying to pass a law, where the dems say no, on something that is already legal, attach garbage to it, then blame the democrats for hating on a group of people for not passing the law.
I have provided two instances in the last year for dems doing this...... what have you got?


Banning gay marriage in places where gay marriage isn't legally possible seems to apply.


Example?


http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765574719/Effect-of-NC-ga...


Voters passed this......... How in the world is this anywhere near the same thing of what I asked for?

That was a legislatively referred constitutional amendment. The NC legislature passed a Bill to put it on the ballot. Guess which party spearheaded that?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
And you all have nothing.


What is there to say?

NEWS FLASH: Party in power proposes a bill they know will fail to make the other side look bad, and then their talking heads blabber on about it for a week.

This happens constantly. With a congress as ineffectual as this one, it's basically all that happens. Dems keep putting up this equal pay thing so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. The GOP keeps voting to repeal Obamacare so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. It's standard operating procedure.

More on point, no one here has said peep in favor of this bill, so I don't know who you think you're arguing with?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
djgutierrez77 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
And you all have nothing.


What is there to say?

NEWS FLASH: Party in power proposes a bill they know will fail to make the other side look bad, and then their talking heads blabber on about it for a week.

This happens constantly. With a congress as ineffectual as this one, it's basically all that happens. Dems keep putting up this equal pay thing so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. The GOP keeps voting to repeal Obamacare so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. It's standard operating procedure.

More on point, no one here has said peep in favor of this bill, so I don't know who you think you're arguing with?


Like I said before in response to the whole, both sides do it all the time......... Show me something equivalent. Voters passing an amendment is not equivalent. You dont have republicans standing up saying dems hate black people or dems hate latinos, or dems hate women on their votes to repeal obamacare.
You do have dems saying republicans hate women for not passing this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
And you all have nothing.


What is there to say?

NEWS FLASH: Party in power proposes a bill they know will fail to make the other side look bad, and then their talking heads blabber on about it for a week.

This happens constantly. With a congress as ineffectual as this one, it's basically all that happens. Dems keep putting up this equal pay thing so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. The GOP keeps voting to repeal Obamacare so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. It's standard operating procedure.

More on point, no one here has said peep in favor of this bill, so I don't know who you think you're arguing with?


Like I said before in response to the whole, both sides do it all the time......... Show me something equivalent. Voters passing an amendment is not equivalent. You dont have republicans standing up saying dems hate black people or dems hate latinos, or dems hate women on their votes to repeal obamacare.
You do have dems saying republicans hate women for not passing this.

I did above...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave G
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
El Chupacabratwurst
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
And you all have nothing.


What is there to say?

NEWS FLASH: Party in power proposes a bill they know will fail to make the other side look bad, and then their talking heads blabber on about it for a week.

This happens constantly. With a congress as ineffectual as this one, it's basically all that happens. Dems keep putting up this equal pay thing so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. The GOP keeps voting to repeal Obamacare so it will get voted down and they can bludgeon their opponents with it. It's standard operating procedure.

More on point, no one here has said peep in favor of this bill, so I don't know who you think you're arguing with?


Like I said before in response to the whole, both sides do it all the time......... Show me something equivalent. Voters passing an amendment is not equivalent. You dont have republicans standing up saying dems hate black people or dems hate latinos, or dems hate women on their votes to repeal obamacare.
You do have dems saying republicans hate women for not passing this.


You're asking for an impossible equivalence--as Drew will tell you, "identity politics" is more the Dems territory. So no, I don't have an example of the GOP saying that Democrats hate women.

On a more reasonable comparison, though, of course they do. The house pushes all sorts of nonsense so they can say the Democrats don't care about family values, or defense, or job creators, or small businesses, or religious freedom. That's just how the game is played. No one is surprised by this. No one else, anyway.

And you didn't answer my other question: Who do you think is taking the affirmative on this one? Has anyone here said "yeah, great law, the GOP voted it down because they hate lady-people?"
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Hawaii
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
xilan wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
Why are you such a dick?




Chad has [article=16734958]a history[/article] of anger management issues here in RSP.

I'm afraid just mentioning it is going to set him off like a rocket.
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
There is no Dana, only Zuul
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjlillo wrote:
djgutierrez77 wrote:
And you didn't answer my other question: Who do you think is taking the affirmative on this one? Has anyone here said "yeah, great law, the GOP voted it down because they hate lady-people?"


Cappy did on Facebook this morning. Cranky thought it was pretty awesome.

Did cranky really think that, or is he in some sleep-depraved psychosis caused by staying up 24/7 in anticip...


ation
for the new raid content in destiny?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.