Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is the DISCUSSION thread for the Back to School 2014 LEFTOVERS Math Trade. Use this place to discuss the trade, but please, avoid calling anyone out for anything publicly here. That is not what this is for. Thanks!

Dates
- Submissions close: Friday September 19, 2014 at 8:30pm Eastern
- Wants due: Sunday September 21, 2014 at 8:30pm Eastern
- Results posted: As soon as I can after close

Trade list: Back to School 2014 LEFTOVERS US-Only Math Trade
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
When should it be on the olwlg site?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
When should it be on the olwlg site?

It has to be manually added, after I submit it. It takes a few hours, usually.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill C.
United States
Newington
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for running this
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Halfway between Castro and Mickey Mouse
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's on the OLWLG site, but it's listed at the bottom of the No-Ship Trades list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathleen Nugent
United States
Tamworth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sometime in the past there was a leftovers math trade where I didn't have to rewrite the items that didn't trade. There was a way to just move them into the new trade.

Can I use that process for this leftovers trade? If so, how?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan Bergom
United States
Towson
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
"Sometimes it would be nice to be wrong about people." -Commander Samuel Vimes
mbmbmbmbmb
EllenCaroline wrote:
Sometime in the past there was a leftovers math trade where I didn't have to rewrite the items that didn't trade. There was a way to just move them into the new trade.

Thanks

Under the name of the trade in the OLWLG, the far left icon is a box with a green plus sign. That will let you import old math trade entries into the new one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nbergom wrote:
EllenCaroline wrote:

Thanks

Under the name of the trade in the OLWLG, the far left icon is a box with a green plus sign. That will let you import old math trade entries into the new one.

which, to add, also works for any trade. add stuff a month from now you listed a year ago!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Rats! I somehow missed the original math trade of this despite subscribing to the math trade announcement thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Eckes
United States
Bloomington
MN
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Rats! I somehow missed the original math trade of this despite subscribing to the math trade announcement thread.

Join this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've added my leftovers from the recent wargames math trade. If I have time, I'll add some more non-wargame items.

That new OLWLG feature to easily copy over listings from previous math trades is the bee's knees!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meat Popsicle
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mb
DJ Kuul A wrote:
That new OLWLG feature to easily copy over listings from previous math trades is the bee's knees!!!

I just used it for the first time myself and I agree with your sentiment. What a time-saver.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey D Myers
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
"Always rely upon a happy mind alone." Geshe Chekhawa.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello, where is that new feature located? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Laufer
United States
Millington
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not new. (been there for years). It's the little icon of a box with a plus sign under the math trade name.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
When using the box with the plus, it keeps you from retyping the descriptions, but you still have to enter each one individually as an item.

If I had 50 items in the first trade and 3 traded, is there a way to add all 47 remaining at one time, rather than individually?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
Quite frankly I think it's rude and stupid that people won't ship to Alaska & Hawaii. I would understand that they only offer the first 5, 10 or $15(depending on the size of the game) but to flat out refuse is just ridiculous.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
Quite frankly I think it's rude and stupid that people won't ship to Alaska & Hawaii. I would understand that they only offer the first 5, 10 or $15(depending on the size of the game) but to flat out refuse is just ridiculous.

Where does it even give the option to offer something like that in the rules for the math trade? (it doesn't) It says you can ship it there or not. There's not any information about flat rate or first class and how it works the same to alaska and hawaii. Again, not the MT runner's job to create all that, but a bgg user from alaska could complile a little blurb, then go talk to the MT running thread about it.

It's not really fair to call someone rude or stupid for not researching the ins and outs of shipping when the instructions for the math trade give permission (and by doing so, almost encourage) a user to just leave those states out. (I'm pretty sure there's not even that many users there.

The biggest mess up I've had in a math trade was a bgg user flat out refusing to mail me my game because he thought he was allowed to apply that shipping policy (pay first X) to any address. Why? I dunno. But it didn't help that users make up their own little work around that, while all around great, resulted in me having a sixty dollar game stolen from me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Silverman
United States
Florida (FL)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ship everything Priority. It costs a few bucks extra, but the convenience is worth it. They deliver the boxes for free, I buy and print labels at home, and they pick up the packages for free. I don't have to leave the house! And it costs the same to any state, AK and HI included.

Y'all will note, however, that I won't offer anything that doesn't fit in a medium flat-rate box unless it's a no-ship trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Dame
United States
Kokomo
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
“Why should we look to the past in order to prepare for the future? Because there is nowhere else to look.” ― James Burke
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
corkysru wrote:

Where does it even give the option to offer something like that in the rules for the math trade? (it doesn't) It says you can ship it there or not. There's not any information about flat rate or first class and how it works the same to alaska and hawaii. Again, not the MT runner's job to create all that, but a bgg user from alaska could complile a little blurb, then go talk to the MT running thread about it.

It's not really fair to call someone rude or stupid for not researching the ins and outs of shipping when the instructions for the math trade give permission (and by doing so, almost encourage) a user to just leave those states out. (I'm pretty sure there's not even that many users there.

The biggest mess up I've had in a math trade was a bgg user flat out refusing to mail me my game because he thought he was allowed to apply that shipping policy (pay first X) to any address. Why? I dunno. But it didn't help that users make up their own little work around that, while all around great, resulted in me having a sixty dollar game stolen from me.

I want to see people from HI and AK say

no shipping to the CONUS

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
damevfx wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
corkysru wrote:

I want to see people from HI and AK say

no shipping to the CONUS

Pft it's probably more expensive from ak to hi than to the mainland!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amos Dillman
United States
Bement
IL
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The one that gets me is when people say they will only ship to the "lower 48."

Why on Earth will they ship everywhere except Alaska and Minnesota .
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amodman wrote:

Because MN gets FFG headquarters. They have enough games in that state. They don't deserve more!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick G.
United States
Glenshaw
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Does your religion have lightsabers? Nope? Didn't think so.
badge
"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals." Agent K. Oh my what he would think of people had he known about what the internet would become.....
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
amodman wrote:

Because MN gets FFG headquarters. They have enough games in that state. They don't deserve more!!

I just want to randomly pick two states and specifically exclude them.

Maybe California and Maryland. Those sound like good states to exclude for the next math trade.

haha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt D
United States
Peachtree corners
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
corkysru wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
amodman wrote:

Maybe California and Maryland. Those sound like good states to exclude for the next math trade.

haha.

I would love to require shipping everywhere. I really would. But there are several people who for some reason just will not consider shipping to two far away states even though it requires no further effort, just sometimes slightly higher fees. And I don't want to exclude them for the math trade, because some wouldn't join in in that case. Sucks for the people who love in those states, but there is not much I can do about it when math trades I general pretty much utilize the Same rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edward Guida
United States
Gwynn Oak
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hestiansun wrote:
corkysru wrote:
scifiantihero wrote:
amodman wrote:

haha.

I would love to require shipping everywhere. I really would. But there are several people who for some reason just will not consider shipping to two far away states even though it requires no further effort, just sometimes slightly higher fees. And I don't want to exclude them for the math trade, because some wouldn't join in in that case. Sucks for the people who love in those states, but there is not much I can do about it when math trades I general pretty much utilize the Same rules.

I think it's more the question of do you think it is right or not? Some people will not participate because of a ship the entire US requirement, but also some people are not able to participate fully because of the shipping restrictions some people place. So it's up to you to decide which way is right and then to declare it as the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [9] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.