Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad V
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I emailed them for a copy of my missing rules for Musketeers because they were not available on their website. The response I got was amazing. They have the rules but won't email me a copy without paying them. Here is the email I received from them:

Quote:
Hello Chad,

Unfortunately we do not have a digital version of the rules. We can send you a physical copy of the rules. It will be $3.00 including shipping in the USA. You can send payment via PayPal to payments@freddistribution.com. Please send me your current mailing address if you wish to purchase these rule.

Thank you,

Brandon - Eagle & Gryphon Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Levan
United States
Glenside
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Hast ye seen the White Whale?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Poor Customer Support at Eagle Gryphon Games
That doesn't seem unreasonable to me. It seems silly that they don't have a pdf, but if they don't have a pdf, then there's not much they can do about that.
$3 is maybe a little high for mailing, but depending on the envelope and weight of the rule book, I wouldn't be surprised by $2.
Are the rules missing because you lost them, or because they weren't in a used copy, or were they missing from a shrinkwrapped copy? If it's their error, then they should bear the cost, but if it's your fault directly or indirectly, expecting them to bear that financial cost doesn't seem very fair. Not accusing, just asking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nat,

Thanks for the support!

Chad,

We do our best to replace missing or faulty components to our games. However, in this case, it was clear you lost the rules; and unfortunately, we do not have any digital copies of the rules.

I did find a fairly comprehensive rules quick start summary on BGG, I do not know if they will prove helpful in this case, but apparently no one else on BGG has posted the rules. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/77881/musketeers-quick...

I will also search my basement later tonight to see if I have a copy of the rules I can scan and email to you. This may take some time with the current deadlines I have, but I will be happy to get it done as soon as I can.

And most importantly, Eagle-Gryphon Games is in the process of creating a site for all of our games where you will be able to find the rules, FAQ's, Variants, Reviews, Pictures and much more. Although this will take some time to complete, we will get it rolling soon and over time we will get it populated with content. We have a great volunteer group, our Wingmen, who we plan to leverage to help jump start this effort. That will eliminate the need to copy and send rules via mail, which sadly, truly is expensive.

Thanks for your interest and support of Eagle-Gryphon Games

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad V
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralph, I appreciate the quick response on BGG. I am not here to get in public spat over some missing rules. I emailed customer service in hopes they could point me to a link on Eagle games's website for the rules or that someone could email them to me. Instead I was offered the "opportunity" to purchase the rules. In the age of smart phones and scanners I think it would be pretty easy to come up with a digital copy of the rules. The response was frustrating enough to me (in my opinion) that I felt that I should share it here. I appreciate your offer to scan the rules and email them to me (from the original email it looks like the customer service department has a copy of the rules). I just wish that would have been the response before I had to share my frustrations with the BGG public.

DragonCat wrote:
Nat,

Thanks for the support!

Chad,

We do our best to replace missing or faulty components to our games. However, in this case, it was clear you lost the rules; and unfortunately, we do not have any digital copies of the rules.

I did find a fairly comprehensive rules quick start summary on BGG, I do not know if they will prove helpful in this case, but apparently no one else on BGG has posted the rules. http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/77881/musketeers-quick...

I will also search my basement later tonight to see if I have a copy of the rules I can scan and email to you. This may take some time with the current deadlines I have, but I will be happy to get it done as soon as I can.

And most importantly, Eagle-Gryphon Games is in the process of creating a site for all of our games where you will be able to find the rules, FAQ's, Variants, Reviews, Pictures and much more. Although this will take some time to complete, we will get it rolling soon and over time we will get it populated with content. We have a great volunteer group, our Wingmen, who we plan to leverage to help jump start this effort. That will eliminate the need to copy and send rules via mail, which sadly, truly is expensive.

Thanks for your interest and support of Eagle-Gryphon Games

Ralph

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad,

No problem. I am happy to help. Now that I have worked in the game publishing business for a little over a year, believe me, my opinions have changed about a lot of things. Customer-Service emails, even for a small company like Eagle-Gryphon, run in the dozens for the week. It is no small task I assure you. And usually, we are able to point to a source for rules, frequently BGG. In this case, for an older game that we do not own the files for (we were a print partner), that was the best we could reasonably offer.

The good news is, I do have a copy of Musketeers, so once I hook up my scanner I will be able to scan and send you a copy. Even better, once we get our new EGG Rules site up and running, this sort of problem will be a thing of the past.

Best regards,
Ralph

EDIT - Scanned Rules Sent As PDF Files
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad V
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ralph, thanks for emailing the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.