Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » General

Subject: Best Way to Get Extra Dice? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Battles
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I just purchased the starter set last week, and already love the game. I was lucky enough to snag a cheap set of commons and dice on eBay, so I have a copy of every character. Since I'm planning to just play casually, I'm not necessarily interested in uncommons / rares / super rares, but I would like to start getting multiples of the dice for the booster heroes. I'm beginning to realize that the dice are the more valuable resource, not the cards.

What's the best way to go about getting extra dice? Alternatively, does anyone here have a stash of excess dice that they'd interested in selling? Thanks in advance for pointing me in the right direction.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I have found the opposite. Since you get the same dice with all levels of rarity the dice are easy to get. I have given out, for free, complete sets of commons with dice. The starter characters are the harder dice to get because they put less in the Gravity Feeds. The best way to fill out a decent (casual) playable set is to buy a Gravity Feed. You will then get enough dice of every character a few rares and potentially a Super Rare. If you dont care about the Super Rare then sell it on to recoup some of your cost. Purchasing full sets of commons with dice is another good way but you do not end up with as much variety.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd recommend getting a complete set of Uncommons (with dice) off eBay too.

They're not that much rarer than Commons, so complete sets are not going for that much more than complete Commons sets.

As well as giving you another one of every die, including the Starter Set characters, it will give you a 2nd version of all the non-Starter characters which will give you more flexibility, variability, and longevity.

After that I would consider just buying a second complete set of Commons, to get you up to three of every die!

And, if you're only playing casual games you could then modify all the duplicate Common cards into their Rare versions!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth
Netherlands
Eindhoven
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rhadamanthine wrote:
The best way to fill out a decent (casual) playable set is to buy a Gravity Feed.

What IS a gravity feed? I'm just looking into this game after having bought Legendary and people talk about gravity feeds, boosters and starters etc. But I have no clue what they are talking about...

Could someone sum up what is what in CDG (another term I picked up whistle)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe "What I'm Playing Now" Leuzzi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
www.whatimplayingnow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Seth_Logan wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:
The best way to fill out a decent (casual) playable set is to buy a Gravity Feed.

What IS a gravity feed? I'm just looking into this game after having bought Legendary and people talk about gravity feeds, boosters and starters etc. But I have no clue what they are talking about...

Gravity feeds are basically a set of booster packs. The game is a collectible dice game (CDG), so there are both starter and booster packs.

A starter set comes with enough cards and dice for two people to play a very basic game and learn how to play. The starter set also is the only way to really get the sidekick dice as well as the basic action dice.

If you would like to expand your game, you can buy boosters, which costs 1 dollar and contain 2 dice and 2 cards. A gravity feed is basically a booster box which contains 60 packs. (this changes in Uncanny X-men as they are bumping the size of gravity feeds from 60 to 90 packs).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aviar wrote:
Seth_Logan wrote:
rhadamanthine wrote:

Gravity feeds are basically a set of booster packs. The game is a collectible dice game (CDG), so there are both starter and booster packs.

A starter set comes with enough cards and dice for two people to play a very basic game and learn how to play. The starter set also is the only way to really get the sidekick dice as well as the basic action dice.

If you would like to expand your game, you can buy boosters, which costs 1 dollar and contain 2 dice and 2 cards. A gravity feed is basically a booster box which contains 60 packs. (this changes in Uncanny X-men as they are bumping the size of gravity feeds from 60 to 90 packs).

One addition to this (excellent) post:

The Sidekick and Basic Action Dice are also available in the Setup/Collectors Box (which also includes ?4? Boosters).

However, Setup/Collectors Box is not and alternative to the Starter Set, as it does not include the Starter Set character cards or dice.

Basically it's just a storage box, with some extra stuff thrown in.

The Sidekick and Basic Action dice that come with it are fancy pearlescent ones though!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe "What I'm Playing Now" Leuzzi
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
www.whatimplayingnow.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct, I forgot to mention that and the Setup box was the first thing I purchased for this game. The Setup Box is for lack of a better word, kind of useless.

While those pearlescent dice are nice to discern between your dice and an opponents, beyond that, the dice and cards aren't even enough for one person to even field a team. I was extremely disappointed with this. Also, the case isn't enough to hold all the dice I currently have so the whole set to me became pretty useless once I picked up a starter set and an nice Plano case from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.