Popular Tags: [View All]
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge

Looks like Of Dungeon Deep has just opened on Kickstarter.

Interesting game with nice art but I'm a little surprised at the $29 price tag.

Usually Jason has really nice prices on his small kickstarter card games but not this time. I guess I'll sit out this one.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1243534184/of-dungeons-...

Check it out!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Team Ski
United States
Dover
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
CHOMP!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess it has to do with the eventual components from the stretch goals. I'm on board. The game looks interesting.

-Ski
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I have it as a reminder! You don't have to rush because there are no earlybirds and the starting price is $29 with stretch goals!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The price is on target with what was charged for Four Tribes and both have about the same number of components. Of Dungeons Deep! will come in about the same size box as well. There are also a lot of stretch goals planned.

The base game price was figured on manufacturing 1000 units + Shipping + KS and Amazon Fees + Taxes. Not a lot of margin there, but I want a lower funding goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I'm hoping to see what you come up with for Stretch goals, they are usually pretty good!
I will be watching.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Propati
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
GreyGnome wrote:
The price is on target with what was charged for Four Tribes and both have about the same number of components. Of Dungeons Deep! will come in about the same size box as well. There are also a lot of stretch goals planned.

The base game price was figured on manufacturing 1000 units + Shipping + KS and Amazon Fees + Taxes. Not a lot of margin there, but I want a lower funding goal.

Since you brought it up and not to be to pushy but $39 for the game, some extra material and stretch goals seems a little high for a card game that doesn't have the same amount of components as Four Tribes?
By the way, I love that game!

Plus why no earlybirds this time?

Maybe its just me but lately I feel Kickstarter has become more of a place for people to try and run a small business and making a quick buck. It has lost its original concept of bringing a dream to life and getting it out to the masses even if you only made a dime on your idea! Plus, there are so many game developer "GS" who have lost touch with their backers "this excludes you Jason, you are a special breed" and left a bad taste in a lot backers due to extremely late deliveries, no communication, breaking promises, or just plain stealing money from people!

Maybe one day things will get back on track, otherwise people will drop Kickstarter and go to something else!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Glover
msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joseph,

I am with you. I agree that the landscape has changed a bit on KS. I am still committed to putting up campaigns that can be shaped by the backers and where the focus is on community. This is why I use KS. To get amazing feedback from customers before the game is actually produced. Having backers involved in the process is what drives me to keep coming back.

I dropped early birds as they can have a real negative impact on a KS. People who come along late typically get a sense of feeling cheated. Many of the more known publishers that thrive on KS have moved away from them and Kickstarter Exclusives as well.

To be fair the base game is only $29 nd that includes as much stuff, if not more than what came with Four Tribes at launch. 4T hit a bunch of stretch goals and I am hoping for the same here. The promo pack was designed to give backers something unique. While it is not really a KS exclusive, it will only be produced in limited numbers. Some will be available after the KS, but not a full blown run.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff T
United States
Olympia
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kingspud wrote:

Since you brought it up and not to be to pushy but $39 for the game, some extra material and stretch goals seems a little high

People often spend $5 on the geek store to get a promo package. Many of those don't have much in them at all. A dominion promo is 11 identical cards. Some promo's are just a small card board tile or a handful of cardboard chits. $10 for the upgrade to Of Dungeons Deep, doesn't seem out of line with that, and is totally optional.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.