Hide
1 Posts

The Reef» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
It’s another day to keep Dan company while he has some work to do. I arrived at Dan’s office to join him in a few two player games until David and Steve arrived.

First out of the gate is The Reef, another one of the Kosmos two player games. Dan has played a few times before with his wife and thought the game light and soothing (like listening to the waves lap up against the beach). After he taught me the rules, we dove in.

The Reef is basically a set collecting game. You are trying to get sets of male and female fish of certain colors which enable you to pick up baby fish. The first player that collects five baby fish is the winner.

To start collecting fish, you need a coral card and in our game, Dan had a bit of a time trying to get one. He had to build a flotilla of boats to get his first coral. In the meantime, I had also built a few boats and was able to scam some coral, get some fish and score some babies before Dan even got his first coral. After getting his coral, Dan fought back and started grabbing fish and scoring babies. In the end, I was able to get to five babies first with Dan close behind with four.

Score:

*Rick* - 5
Dan – 4

Ratings:

Rick – 6
Dan - 6

Quotes:

Dan – “Very soothing game.”, “There’s something about the ocean waves…”

We both thought the game was quite light but with enough strategy to make it a somewhat interesting two player game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.