Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marvel Heroes and Marvel Heroscape are both on the horizon as well. That's some stiff competition for those looking for a new superhero themed game. From what I've read, this one looks most interesting, especially if the price is lower than the others, which could be true since it looks like this game is just going to have cardboard stand-ups instead of minis.

But do you think the other two games being released at about the same time will hurt the sales of Capes & Cowls?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should think Capes and Cowls will cost considerably less, so they have that going for them. Also, there have been so few superhero-themed games of any value that I believe the market can handle three of them. These games don't really cover the same ground anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clarence Chambers
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mb
They all sound different enough to me to command their own territory. But if I had to pick just one, I'd go with Capes & Cowls in a heartbeat. With its classic comics feel, streamlined mechanics, and over 70 characters in the master set alone, it's the superhero game I've been wanting since the age of twelve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Elvisx wrote:
They all sound different enough to me to command their own territory. But if I had to pick just one, I'd go with Capes & Cowls in a heartbeat. With its classic comics feel, streamlined mechanics, and over 70 characters in the master set alone, it's the superhero game I've been wanting since the age of twelve.

I'm not sure. I'm not especially keen on the abstract battlefield and the graphics are so dated and UGLY. Still, I'd like to get a chance to play the game before I decided whether or not to buy it. Pity that won't happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Flying Arrow
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I like the graphics and the idea of an abstract battlefield in that it would help gameply, but from the picture it seems to really do a number on the theme. With that battlefield, will it feel like super heroes fighting or just chess with pictures of super heroes. The people who have played argued for the former.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carla Harper
United States
Unspecified
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on what I've seen so far, I'm LOVIN' the look of the art. The retro comics style delights me to no end.

As far as the game board goes, I'm intrigued. The fact that it plays such an important role in the turn-by-turn action of a battle seems to me a really neat alternative to having everything depend on rolling handfuls of dice or waiting for a lucky draw from a stack of action cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls