Hide
1 Posts

Wongar» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Deleted User 1
msg tools
Wongar is a game that I’ve had kicking around for a while that I never had a chance to try. I brought it to our sessions the past few weeks but wasn’t able to get anyone interested in trying it. This week, Patrick expressed an interest in the game and William joined us. We were all newbies.

One thing about Wongar, we found the rules a bit difficult to plow through. I don’t think it’s that difficult a game, I think the translation is a bit unclear at times. Fortunately Patrick knows German and was able to clarify some of the sticking points by reading the German rules.

Once we got started it was pretty much mass confusion for the first turns as we figured out how the mechanisms worked. We eventually got the hang of it and began seeing the strategies. William took a huge lead early mostly due to him having four of the double Rite cards while Patrick and I had none. It turned out later in the game he drew three more doubles but didn’t play them as it would have unbalanced the game even more. I never did pick up a double card. Next time we’ll use the variant the distributes the double cards evenly – doing it normal way gives the player who luckily draws the double cards way too much power.

Patrick and I were able to close the gap somewhat, but William was still able to finish with the victory.

Score:
*William* - 143
Patrick – 112
Rick - 109

Ratings:
William – 9
Patrick – 9
Rick – 8

A very interesting game. We had a lot of fun with the game (perhaps yelling ‘Wongar!’ every two seconds had something to do with it) , even though we were confused half of the time. William mentioned on our way home that he found similarities to San Marco. I agree, they do have similarities. We all liked the game and are looking forward to our next playing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.