Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Bosley
Canada
Aldergrove
BC
flag msg tools
Next up was Sternen Himmel, with Patrick, David, Joe, and I playing.

You know how black holes suck in all matter around them? Well, I really black hole at this game. Let me tell you, I spent the whole game lost in space. Every time I thought I was getting somewhere - WHAM - I got black holed.

The game is not hard to play. The rules are pretty simple. But I just sort of drift aimlessly from constellation to constellation, getting wiped out here, getting wiped out there...

Joe and David were fighting it out for the lead the whole game. Patrick was doing a little better than me, but he got snagged on some space debris.

In the last constellation, I put down a double star which at that point served to double Joe’s 10 point star. With the other 1-star he had showing, this apparently gave him 21 points. I had 20 points showing. I wasn’t doing this to make Joe win. I was really trying to accomplish 1 of 2 things - either lure in a black hole from another player, or else ensure that I came 2nd and not first, since it’s often better to come in second in each constellation - 1st place must pay out 3rd place’s winnings, whereas 2nd place gets to keep all his - so sometimes 2nd place actually ends up doing better than 1st place because of what 1st place has to pay out to 3rd place. With me so far?

Anyhow, the whole universe blew up at that point.

The scores:

*David* ... 46
Joe - 44
Patrick - 25
Dan - 20 (how humiliating). Where’s Honeybears in Space?

We didn’t rate the game. I was too embarrassed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.