United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot of challenges and frustrations that come along with being a game publisher, but of course there's the amazing satisfaction and joys that comes with the job too.

Top of my list is getting a message from someone who works in Law Enforcement saying how much they enjoy the game.

It's the highlight of my job!

If you think about it...

What a cool concept that there's a game made about doing their job!

They are lucky in that way.

Not every profession has a board-game designed specially for them.

Then again, when you consider that they have a really interesting job and one that is highly visible, it's not too surprising that a game would be made about it.

They are lucky in that sense, but so are we because...

They risk it all every day for us!

And because...

We get to do their job for a couple hours on our dining room table whenever we want.

It works out well all-the-way-around I guess!

Ok, ok, I'll stop blabbin' and show you one of these message. It just came to me via email the other day and made my day!

From The UK...

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I wanted to write to you to thank you for producing such an excellent game in Police Precinct.

I think you have hit the right level with the game, and I love the way it builds up to a crescendo, as the punks increase and the emergency calls increase, and there aren't enough officers to deal with everything, and taking time away from what you really want to do. Very true to life!!

I have just managed to get my hands on a copy, as I have been on the lookout for ages.

Unfortunately, I missed the Second Edition kick starter by a couple of days, but at least I can get into the first edition over the next 4-5 months to keep me happy.

Just to let you know that I am a police officer with nearly 20 years experience in the UK. I saw on a post that you are happy to have police officers on board to look over things and maybe add things and advise.
I would be willing to assist in any way that I can, if needed.

Please keep up the good work, and I really hope that the Second Edition is as successful as it deserves to be.

All the best

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

I replied back saying that we would love to have him involved!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
btw - speaking of "the Real Ones", check out this link courtesy of

CMG's own Sgt. Fredricksen

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1015267314202220...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't know who she is, check out this thread talkin' about the REAL Characters of Police Precinct...

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1189371/real-police-behind-g...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well...

Gotta get back to examining these proofs some more, but...

I'll try to check back later.

Hope y'all have a great weekend!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Tanner
United States
Logan
Utah
flag msg tools
BryceCon Game Convention Jan 15-18 in Southern Utah www.brycecon.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Here I thought they'd be saying "I would transfer to a less busy district" or "in the movies, this is the last week before retirement".

Not a knock, we just never seem to have enough officers to cover the crimes going on. Which, in itself, sounds pretty realistic to me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yeah...

I think the game is pretty true to life from what cops have told us.

We work with them to get it right, so that it feels that way when you play.

Our consultants help make it that way too.

It's real enough that the game is used to train real cadets, which is very cool!

We are very proud of how real the game is.

We now feature it on the box...

The part that talks about the "Real" aspect of the game is easier to see if you look at the flattened version here...

http://www.commonman.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/x2014-09...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Goodman
United States
Heath
Ohio
flag msg tools
We can not wait for the 2nd edition to be available. As a criminal justice instructor / police officer, this game is amazing. My institution owns 6 copies of this game and utilize it in the classroom. It is fun to see 4 teams of 6 cadets work together to solve the crime, fend off gang bangers and respond to emergencies working together in collaboration. Leadership skills, call management, teamwork, critical thinking skills and problem solving are all needed to win this game. Cadets love it and when they have to do scenario role playing they remember things they did together in the game to help them in actual LE scenarios. I demo this game for criminal justice instructors around Ohio, law enforcement officers and gamers alike. Everyone wants a copy but waiting for the 2nd edition. Keep up the good work. Commander Goodman
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks!!!!

Ditto!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Common Man Games
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Got Facebook?

Then check this out...

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.626992304085447.10...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.