Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've read the thread on the YMG forums about the rules likely to make it into the new rulebook but there hasn't been a re-issued rulebook to download and print for aaaaaaaages. I have all the armies and want to get back into this but really want an updated, print friendly (A4 layout) online rules update.

Anyone know of one?

I downloaded the doc with the updates and amendments but they weren't integrated and after a bit of experimenting with copying and pasting it looked like quite painful job to sort it all out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Peck
United States
Baldwinsville
New York
flag msg tools
designer
badge
paperparachute games! http://games.suspended-chord.info/
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd personally just be patient. The new Wuxing and Alexander/Persia armies should be out soon (November, I think, is the target for release), and from what I hear there will be a new rulebook with them.

It's not too hard to reconcile the current rules + the amendments, IMO, but it is a bit of work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wulf Corbett
Scotland
Shotts
Lanarkshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, there are three new armies about to appear via Kickstarter, Wuxing for the Fantasy side, and Alexander vs. Persia on the Historical side. If there's to be a new rulebook, I should hope it would be in them, possibly they're keeping it for the release of those games to ensure it's the latest version.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alastair Cornish
United Kingdom
Bromley
Kent
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Roll on November!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
tigermuppetcut wrote:
print friendly (A4 layout)
Anyone know of one?

Yes, in a way, but me knowing of it is not much help to you.

Sometime ago, during or just after a kickstarter in the middle of 2014 (which I didn't know about or I wouldn't have wasted my time) I spent a long time editing, reorganising and, in places, rewriting the rules (but of course not changing their meaning). Part way through I figured others could profit from my labour and I started making editorial notes about rules difficulties and inconsistencies I had resolved so that Mr Ellis could inspect them and incorporate them while giving me credit for "rules editorial assistance" (he doesn't know this). As it stands, it's about about 40 pages excluding my 9 pages of notes.

The reason my knowing is not much good to you is that it is now somewhat outdated as I've not looked at the 3.1 rules except title headings and, outside of my comments, is something like 80% unchanged, just reordered, so I can't distribute it without permission.

To be fair, if you just wanted an A4 version, it's not a huge job to copy and past from a PDF into a word processor. The line breaks are the worst part. Adding formatting for headings isn't hard even if you don't use regular expressions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls