Thumb up
1 Posts

Tichu» Forums » Sessions

Subject: Oopps... They almost did it - a thriller about 500 points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Fazekas Tibor
flag msg tools
Yesterday 4 of us (Kriszta, Bujti, Imi, and me) came together to play Tichu. Since we played this fantastic cardgame only once, we shortly ran through the rules and after a sample-round started to play.

I was with Kriszta and the party began very good for us, since Bujti called large Tichu based on his 8 cards. It was a mistake, and we ended up not only scoring 200 points but also collected almost all the points. And we haven’t slow down: in the second party we made a double-win, that meant another 200 points for us.

In the following parties we shared the points and it seemed that it will be an easy victory for us, since the scoring-sheet showed 980-370 near the end. But it wasn’t. In the next round Bujti called grand Tichu again! This was much more understandable than his first try, knowing that only with luck and courage do they have any chance. I smiled, since I have a good hand, and my confidence only increased, when I was able to obtain the right to lead with only 6 cards in my hand. And what 6 cards they were…There were three 10s and 2 5s and the dog. Everything seemed so easy: I played my full and was shocked…. Bujti played a full of King + something else and just after that ended the round. They scored everything: 300 points. And it wasn’t over: in the next game they double-won, so they got another 200 points, while we got nothing. Ouch…. They had 870 points, we still had 980.

But finally we scored some points and saved the day, but that two parties realy thrilled me. I never imagined that they could catch up, and they almost did it. Anyway it was a great game, and I’m looking forward to play again. We have a lot to learn about Tichu!
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.