Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Hughes
Australia
Camden
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After getting the game two weeks ago I started with a Troll (SS/Mage) and a Human (Decker/Face) these were more a learning pair as I was going to be playing Solo a lot and wanted to learn the rules.

After no wins or successful aborts I read a few threads for some tips and started a new group of three runners.

Kane (Orc Mage / SS)
Dexter "Triple D" (Dwarf Decker)
Ace (Human Face)

Took me a few failed runs to get my groove but tonight I finally hit my stride.

Game 1 (10th to date) was a Win with a perfect synergy of Runner vs Obstacle and a Decker on fire in the black market pulling in Jacked In and Pair Programming and a fist full of nuyen. 3 karma all round and a cockiness creeping in.

Game 2 and the dreaded One Hot Minute popped up and the Orc was in trouble in round two facing two obstacles I couldn't clear quickly enough and no healing cards coming up. Together the Decker and the Face managed to drag him clear and 1 more karma. Couldn't pack up tonight so close to an upgrade.

Game 3 the Mage was not seeing much love from the black market but the Decker was again on fire with multiple Jacked In, Retrieval, Pair Programming and it seemed an Icon Grab every turn. The Face was in great support with healing cards and the Sniper Rifle and no one even got close to staggered. Woo hoo!

Took an increase on Max Health for Kane placing him front and centre as my Tank, Triple D took the Cigar Money with my reasoning being the option to buy a couple of cards early especially if Hack cards are showing will have him firing early and for Ace she takes the increase to the Black Market to hopefully provide a better mix and not choke a colour also to help Triple D as the team works better when his cards come in.

So full of piss and vinegar and ready to conquer the running world with my new skillz I dealt the fourth game of the night.

They say overconfidence blurs out the risk and safe to say the run was lucky to end in a successful abort, but after nine failures I think eight karma is not a bad nights work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tristan Hall
England
Manchester
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
badge
1565, St Elmo's Pay - October 2019 Kickstarter
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a great game Nick, glad you're enjoying it. It's amazing how quickly you can burn through a few scenarios! Cool report btw.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls