1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Recommendations

Subject: free RISK variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: free [+] variants [+] [View All]
Chester Hendrix
United States
flag msg tools
Posted this over on the HYBORIAN RISK page, thought I'd pass it along to you folks as well.

I was fascinated with all things Conan back when this came out and quickly made up a board on poster paper. Unfortunately, what we quickly found was that the game was hard to manage on the map as drawn and tended to bog down quickly into extremely long stalemates. By some judicious rearranging of the map and minor tweaking of the rules, we came up with a family favorite we have been playing for many years. Recently I moved into doing more graphics on my computer and rendered the map out quite nicely. It cost me a whopping $30 to have it printed at the local copy shop, but it was worth it and we have spent much more on many games that have gotten much less play.

Lew Pusipher was kind enough to allow the new rendering (with changes) to be posted on his website and the free downloadable version is available here:

I recommend tile printing the map and trying it a few times before you decide if the cost involved in getting it nicely printed on a single sheet is worth the investment. However, if you play RISK more than twice a year, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend the 2006 version to you at all.

I would give the original version 3 stars out of 10, but the 2006 version gets 9 out of 10 (only because I had to make the components myself).

Highly recommended and just the right price!

Your Buddy, Chester
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.