Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a limit to the number or type of weapon you can use? Could a character for instance use four weapons and get each one's "once per round" ability?

In my first game last night, I ruled you couldn't because the weapon says once per round YOU may do this thing. So I said once YOU had done it, you couldn't do it again.

However, it's quite possible that each weapon presents a new opportunity to the one character so that character could use them all in the same round.

Still in not allowing it, there was an incentive to share the weapons among the group and since we were playing the "We Need Samples" kill zombies intro scenario, it really worked out well.

In the end, we played where one person could carry as much as they wanted (there's no carry limit I can see) BUT could only use the ability on ONE weapon on his/her turn.

After that it's take your chances with the biters my friend. Even with this restriction, we still won.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
That's a "house rule" but isn't supported by the game rules, IMO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No hand/weapon limit--although having more than a fistful of cards will raise suspicions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not as concerned about hand or weapon limits (there are none as far as I can tell) as I am about weapon-use limits of which as far as I can see reading around there also are none.

So it seems you can not only wield, but fire as many weapons as you want as long as you abide by each condition. ie: using separate action dice or the ability on the card only once.

I can see now that it works thematically because you just devote all your time to killing and your bring all your weapons in a duffel bag or truck.

You pay in time by having to spend action dice (unless you've got one of them-thar really good guns). Each round is probably a week in game time.

And of course if you load all your guns onto one survivor and he gets killed while he's away from the colony, you lose them all (to their location decks) which is also fitting because it makes doing it risky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Read this thread. Developer commentaries, and all.

No limit. Abilities stack.

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/16579575#16579575
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Clarke
Canada
Port Coquitlam
B.C.
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff Enon. Really useful read I hadn't seen. Thanks!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gilpin
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
love the game, only played it once so far as a two player. that would have been cool if there was a limit to a 1 handgun and 1 rifle/shotgun unless you have a duffel bag card to carry more, including grenades (rare card) to wipe out quite a few zombies at a location. maybe a good addition for future expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Dodson
United States
Mount Joy
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In the game rounds aren't just a few minutes in game like they are for you the player. IMO they usually represent days or weeks of hard work by your Survivors. You're going on an expedition to locations carrying a supply of weapons, food, ect. Why not have an extra weapon or two in your pack for emergencies? Each Zom you kill could have had a day or two between them in over the course of your turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.