Popular Tags: [View All]
Lonnie H
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Once again the question is, can the Karma Scaling Penalty cause you to lose karma that you have earned from previous missions?

So for example if you are playing the Crossfire Mission and have an upgrade worth 15 Karma and you lose the mission does you overall karma go down because the loss is 0 - 1 (for upgrade penalty)?

Or

Is the upgrade penalty only applied to potential karma awards to reduce them and possibly bring them down to 0 as a lowest.

My thought is that it is this second case, otherwise you get the strange case of losing some karma and not having enough for the upgrade that you had previously acquired.

Thoughts, rulings?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Jordal
United States
Austin
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
Ike Clanton painted by me for Wild West Exodus
mbmbmbmbmb
The Karma penalty is for the reward for winning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Herrera
United States
Vancouver
WA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Personally, I would play it as the second. You don't gain karma for being overpowered, so it makes it more effective to play a harder scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Williams
United States
Stockton
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
No it can not. the penalty is taken from the karma reward for current mission completed,not from karma you already have.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.