Hide
9 Posts

Marvel Dice Masters: Avengers vs. X-Men» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hulk "Green Goliath" rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
N M
msg tools
Hope this finds everyone well... I am looking at putting the Hulk "Green Goliath" on my team but have a question vs the Green Goblin "Gobby".

Scenario:
On my side I have the Hulk sitting in the field zone along with a few other dice and it is currently my opponents turn.

They have 3 Side kicks and Field the "Gobby" so this would typically do 3 damage to me. Since I have the hulk and as soon as I take damage it does 2 damage to each opposing character...

so I take 1 damage, it then activates the hulk and he wipes the rest of the characters who have 2 and under to the KO area (*ie the sk's) so there is no more sk's and I do not take anymore damage do to it?

I just want to make sure I am playing him correctly so any help is appreciated

Thanks in advance for your time!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not correct. Gobby does damage all at once, so if there are 3 sidekicks, you take all 3 immediately.

So even though you will eventually KO the sidekicks, the damage has already been dealt to you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N M
msg tools
That's exactly what I was looking for TY!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N M
msg tools
what about a scenario where the opponent has 5 attackers (one character and 4 sk's) and uses them all... you only have the hulk... you put him up against the one character... since they are all separate do they do damage all at once also? or does the damage the hulk takes from the one character wipe the sk's? before you as the opponent take damage?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick O\'Toole
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And how about Green Goliath VS Green Goliath? Does one take damage, deal damage to the other, which then takes damage, deals damage to the other, rinse repeat until total field kill?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tancreddo wrote:
what about a scenario where the opponent has 5 attackers (one character and 4 sk's) and uses them all... you only have the hulk... you put him up against the one character... since they are all separate do they do damage all at once also? or does the damage the hulk takes from the one character wipe the sk's? before you as the opponent take damage?

Damage dealt in this way is done 'simultaneously'. So even though Hulk will deal his damage, the sidekicks will still get to deal their damage, blocked or not.

The exception is only when the damage is done outside of the attack phase. (ala, fielding effects such as Gobby or even Johnny Storm).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Trainer Nick wrote:
And how about Green Goliath VS Green Goliath? Does one take damage, deal damage to the other, which then takes damage, deals damage to the other, rinse repeat until total field kill?

They will keep dealing damage back and forth, continually triggering each other. Once one of the Hulks would be knocked out, he deals his damage one more time. Even if he would be knocked out by damage, he still deals his damage from his special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Hill
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The key things to bear in mind in these kinds of cases is that:

A) Attacking and blocking damage is all dealt simultaneously.
B) Effects that trigger due to damage do so after all simultaneous damage is fully resolved.
C) If multiple effects are triggered by damage those controlled by the active player get priority.
D) If multiple effects triggered by damage are controlled by the active player then the active player chooses the order in which they resolve.

(The last two apply to all effects not just those that trigger on damage)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J. H. Horatio
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
The Future is a Game
mbmbmbmbmb
Tancreddo wrote:

During the "Assign Damage" phase, the unblocked guys instantly do damage to the player and instantly go to used. Hulk never touches them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.