Popular Tags: [View All]
Zap Riecken
United States
Lacey
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone have an app replacement for the Wok Timer? It is so quiet we have a hard time hearing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Dean
United States
Escondido
CA
flag msg tools
The Golden Camel UberBadge is a mystery. Nobody knows where it came from or how it got there.
badge
No one expects the Spanish penguin!
mbmbmbmbmb
I got a replacement timer from them, and that one I can hear. I had the same problem as you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Murr Rockstroh
United States
Fleming Island
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My "timer app" is a sand timer, but you can't hear it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Cann
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Argh... do I even bother trying to get a replacement or just try to find a digital timer I can reset quickly? The damned thing was being drowned out by a TV on a low volume setting, how is it supposed to be sufficient in the heat of Wok'ing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Cinful wrote:
Does anyone have an app replacement for the Wok Timer? It is so quiet we have a hard time hearing it.

The Stronghold Games Timer App has a generic timer you can use, seems to work pretty well. There is no ticking sound, but there is a ticking/warning sound each second once the countdown reaches the 10 second mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Game Salute
United States
Londonderry
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jason, if you want a replacement timer, please pop your details into our page here:

http://gamesalute.com/missing-or-damaged-parts-form

We'll then get one out to you as soon as we can!

- Michael
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charles Waterman
United States
Commerce Township
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ThaDoc wrote:
Argh... do I even bother trying to get a replacement or just try to find a digital timer I can reset quickly? The damned thing was being drowned out by a TV on a low volume setting, how is it supposed to be sufficient in the heat of Wok'ing?

....Watching TV and playing a game at the same time.......

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Cinful wrote:

The Stronghold Games Timer App has a generic timer you can use, seems to work pretty well. There is no ticking sound, but there is a ticking/warning sound each second once the countdown reaches the 10 second mark.

Ok, I played this again last night, and the stronghold timer really doesn't work great.

So, I decided to just make an app myself. I threw this together in a few hours, so it's pretty rough graphics-wise. I only have an android phone (S5), so for now it's just for android. (Unity can publish to iOS as well)

EDIT: It's been submitted to the play store, and is now available there.

So in order to install, you need to allow apps from unknown sources. (Usually this is not advised, since in theory you could install malicious apps. If you're worried, please wait until I get it on the Play store)

It's a simple app, has countdown sounds, 15, 20, 30 second options, an event pause and resume button , and next customer button. That's about it.

Disclaimer: I made this app in like 2 hours, so I'm not responsible for it making your phone explode, high blood pressure, divorce, etc.

Preview photo:

http://imgur.com/naXVxwC

Link to Play store:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.JohnR.WokS...

Edit: Updated the app again, Tim was kind enough to provide some art and sound assets! - at this point I think it's a pretty serviceable app. I'll continue to tweak and work on it.

If you use it, please let me know how you like it, bugs, etc. Any feedback would be appreciated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
Found it! made by injohnnywetrust I think?

It is PERFECT! No nonsense, easy to use, PERFECT.

Huge thanks to Tim for being generous with his support of you, and to you Johnny for making a PERFECT app for Wok Star completely free of charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
brokasaphasia wrote:
Found it! made by injohnnywetrust I think?

It is PERFECT! No nonsense, easy to use, PERFECT.

Huge thanks to Tim for being generous with his support of you, and to you Johnny for making a PERFECT app for Wok Star completely free of charge.

Awesome! Thank you for the feedback!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
I just opened up my Wok Star from the kickstarter (2nd edition) to bring it to gaming, and it was so quiet I couldn't hear it at home (while I was by myself). I'll submit a replacement part and I'll post up to see how it goes. Hopefully they can still replace these timers. Fingers Crossed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mercedes (Mandy)
Japan
Setagaya-ku
Tokyo
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Tokyo Game Market here I come!
badge
Sorry if I'm slow in reading mails. I'm currently working hard on some Alley Thieves
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you so much to the customer service. They were really on the ball, and I received a new timer really quickly. I can't wait to play the game with the timer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Louie
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
merc007 wrote:
Thank you so much to the customer service. They were really on the ball, and I received a new timer really quickly. I can't wait to play the game with the timer

I just received a copy of this via trade and I'm having the same problem with the timer not being loud enough.. I'm gonna contact customer service too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.