Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Mitchell
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What happens if you're in the Valley of Fire and, through Spell or battle, another character steals your Talisman? My instinct is to say you're instantly killed and all of your followers and objects burn, but is there any official ruling?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grarrrg Grarrrgowski
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:
What happens if you're in the Valley of Fire and, through Spell or battle, another character steals your Talisman? My instinct is to say you're instantly killed and all of your followers and objects burn, but is there any official ruling?

Technically nothing happens.
It only cares about you having a Talisman if you are trying to enter the space, it doesn't care if you are already in the space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew
United States
Chalfont
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The FAQ sort of addresses this indirectly. Search the FAQ on Talisman -- surprisingly the word is only used a few times.

The Valley of Fire space says you must have a Talisman to enter. If you lose the Talisman you can stay there and still move to the Crown -- you don't catch on fire and die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm going from memory here, but don't you also discard the talisman at the moment you enter the space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DomaGB
United States
Green Bay area
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sfwg46 wrote:
I'm going from memory here, but don't you also discard the talisman at the moment you enter the space?

No you show it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
Sfwg46 wrote:

No you show it.

In 2nd edition it said (in my German version):
... If You do not have a Talisman, You have to leave the spcae and turn back.
I always thouight that was ment for a Character loosing the Talisman IN THAT SPACE (through theft or combat...)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reinhard S.
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DomaGB wrote:
Sfwg46 wrote:

No you show it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Tosolini
Italy
Povoletto
Udine
flag msg tools
That's because I currently cannot play any board games.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Reinhard Sabel wrote:
DomaGB wrote:
Sfwg46 wrote:

No you show it.

In 2nd edition it said (in my German version):
... If You do not have a Talisman, You have to leave the spcae and turn back.
I always thouight that was ment for a Character loosing the Talisman IN THAT SPACE (through theft or combat...)

Revised 4th edition has only instructions about entering the Valley of Fire. Black Industries 4th edition gives the same indications and it should have exactly the same rules as 2nd edition. Probably it's a trait of the German version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jumbit
China
Zhejiang
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Solan wrote:

Nothing happens. According to the rules, the only function the Talisman has is to allow you to enter the Valley of Fire.

Brings back good memories. Acquisition on the Talisman on the space just before the Valley of Fire was a standard move in our games. So much that a smart player made a point of having TWO Talismans if he wanted to go up. Good times.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.