Subject: Few questions... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey guys, just a few questions I would like to get cleared up.

1) Can I play a card with a draw symbol, a sandwhich for example, while fighting even though the card has no fight symbol, only a flee symbol?

2) Do card abilities resolve as soon as you play them, or after you have played all cards you wish to play. If I played "Grandpa's Shed" do I choose an effect as soon as its played, then continue to play cards from my hand?

3) When is attrition counted up? lets say I'm fighting 3 zombies, I play enough fight cards to kill 2 of them but fail to kill the third. Do I lose cards equal to the attrition total of all 3 zombies, or just the 1 left alive?

Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a little rusty, but...

1) No. That would allow extra scavenging without adding to the fight. That's why you choose Fight or Flee, not both. BTW, as a rule, we do not stack benefits for scavenging purposes. So, if you played a card that increases a gun's value, we don't count that increased value for scavenging. We find it's too powerful. Those are our rules and our experiences. Others may violently disagree.

2) As soon as played. If you play a card that lets you draw more cards, you can then draw more cards right then.

3) For fighting, just the zombie that is still "alive." You eliminated the others. For fleeing, all the zombies, because you got run down by some or one, and the rest caught up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander K
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes. The rules say: "If you choose to Fight you may only play Fight or Draw cards from your hand."
2. As soon as you play them. The next sentence of rules says: "Any cards drawn may also be played." After you played all your cards you will sum up your fighting / fleeing power.
3. Attrition of zombies still left alive (?) is only counted. Rules are also claer here: "If you could not kill all the zombies in the Horde, lose cards (...) equal to the Attrition value of all the zombies left in the Horde."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey, I think I got it right! Oh, and again, that rule we use about scavenging is our own experience, not official. EBZ is really fun. And, it's a deck builder that a newb can win on their first game. They don't have to know the double-secret Sword of Hoth Cumberland Gap triple-play on Thursdays confluence combinations to win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aleksander K
Poland
Warszawa
Mazowieckie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ZombieMark wrote:
I'm a little rusty, but...

1) No. That would allow extra scavenging without adding to the fight. That's why you choose Fight or Flee, not both. BTW, as a rule, we do not stack benefits for scavenging purposes. So, if you played a card that increases a gun's value, we don't count that increased value for scavenging. We find it's too powerful. Those are our rules and our experiences. Others may violently disagree.

But the example of sandwich card will have no impact on the scavenging here... As that will be determined by the value of fight.

Moreover, the rules are again clear in that case: "You may scavenge Swag (...) only if you killed ALL the zombies in the Horde. You may scavenge any combination/number of cards for a value up to your total Fight value plus or minus any Scavenge bonus."

Considering the fact that you may play only cards that has Fight or Draw symbol, that is not overpowered and moreover you have a limit of cards in hand, hence you will be not able to scavenge for over the limit (6).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks very much for answering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Holliday
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
2: Yes, you may always play a card with the draw symbol no matter what the other icons are and it doesn't matter whether you are fighting or fleeing.

If you decide to fight the zombies in the hoard. You can play your Sandwich to draw a card, but the Flee does nothing this turn.

- Max
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan C
United Kingdom
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Came across another question while playing.

When losing cards to attrition, do Zombie cards revealed from your deck count towards your total.

Say I need to lose 2 cards, I reveal a zombie as the first card from the top of my deck, the zombie gets discarded but does it count towards the 2 cards I need to lose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benj Davis
Australia
Summer Hill
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SuperAbobo wrote:
Came across another question while playing.

When losing cards to attrition, do Zombie cards revealed from your deck count towards your total.

Say I need to lose 2 cards, I reveal a zombie as the first card from the top of my deck, the zombie gets discarded but does it count towards the 2 cards I need to lose?

Sure does. That's the payoff for taking the risk.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.