Hide
8 Posts

Mice and Mystics» Forums » General

Subject: Give Order ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
master loh
msg tools
After Collin use "Give Order" ability, can he attack an enemy who adjacent to him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sinclair
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
You may use this ability instead of moving this mouse. Choose a mouse on the same tile as this mouse. The chosen mouse may immediately perform 1 action.

Yes, because Give Order takes the place of your movement on your turn, you still have your Action.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the card available right now, but isn't that the one where it says "if he doesn't move" he can have another mouse take a turn or something to that effect. But if that's the case from what I remember (been awhile since playing), then yeah, he can still attack, just as long as he didn't have to move to be able to attack.

got ninja 'd
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Greenley
United States
Harleysville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
Greetings Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to clarify Greg's statement, it's not 'if he doesn't move'. Collin uses his Move Action to use Give Order and still has his regular Action. He could decide to use the Scurry action to move in the same turn he uses 'Give Order' to allow another mouse to take an action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Ray for the clarification.

I didn't have the card in front of me as I didn't feel like digging it up, but I was more answering to the OP about Collin still being able to attack after using Give Order. But yeah, he can still use another action instead of attacking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Targanth Phelandir
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the rulebook Pg 7:

Taking a turn with a Mouse Hero
On it's turn, a mouse can either perform 1 of the following actions then move, or move then perform 1 of the following actions:
Scurry
Battle
Search
Recover
Explore

So, the scurry is an action and could be done either before or after a move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:

Quote:
if a mouse has already moved, it may use a scurry action to move again

Its a little vague in that it does not specify per round, turn, encounter, etc., but I read it as per turn. One could interpret as per round, and abilities like Dodge could get around it, but you certainly must move before being able to scurry. I think that conditional is pretty clear.

I believe it's just confirming you can perform 2 movements during your turn, using a combination of these 2 activities;
Not that you must move normally before scurrying.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rom Brown
New Zealand
Gisborne
flag msg tools
Live Fast. Love Hard. Die With Your Mask On.
badge
True-Man's come home! ...and he IS the storm!
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just saying the "if a mouse has already moved, it may use a scurry action to move again" is only saying you are allowed to perform these 2 actions to move twice ... not that you must move if you want to scurry also.

You can certainly just scurry without moving, as mentioned by Jerry here (and give an order).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.