Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cookie Monster
Belgium
De Pinte
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really intrigued by this game, but since I mostly play 2p, I wonder if this would scale well, or if it needs more players to shine?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ozzy perez
United States
Hialeah
Fl
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
sverbeure wrote:
I'm really intrigued by this game, but since I mostly play 2p, I wonder if this would scale well, or if it needs more players to shine?

Same here but I just took a chance n ordered it. Hopefully it plays smooth because this game looks stunning imo.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthias Nagy
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
From my experience demoing the game for 2, 3, and 4 players several times I can tell you that IMHO it works great with 2 players as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Haronski
Germany
flag msg tools
I only have seen it played with 4 people, but my guess is, that it is far more strategic with only 2.

With only 2 players you can easily keep track of the actions of your opponent, making the decision which card to play (and where to play it) more interesting, since you can prevent the other one from getting extra actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed my first 2p game with it and I can wholeheartedly recommend it Yes, you can keep tabs on what your opponent is doing more readily but this only makes the game more tense. You have more opportunity to set up your own plays - play a court action at the right time, forcing your opponent to change the card they were going to play so that you will benefit from it on your next turn.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Adams
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it's an excellent two player game. As others have said, it's more possible with two to keep a close eye on what your opponent is up to and this adds to the strategy. Plus any downtime is reduced, of course (not that this is particularly an issue with this game but sometimes you do need to wrack your brains!). In fact, I would wholeheartedly recommend Zhanguo even if you never play it with more than two.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.