Subject: Supply unit stacking points rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
As far as I can see, only in the Brusilov Offensive are supply units given stacking points. This doesn't seem right to me, and I am tempted to give supply units in all the games the same stacking points they have in the Brusilov Offensive (2 SP). Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? Have I missed something?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Myers
Australia
Unspecified
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
To me the supply units seem to be more supply distribution points (administration and transport)than true supply depots (where the stuff is held before dispatch, and which also tends to be either city hexes or the map edge) so I'd decline your suggestion.

Unfortunately I only have Caporetto so I can't make a definite comparison.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
PFMM wrote:
To me the supply units seem to be more supply distribution points (administration and transport)than true supply depots (where the stuff is held before dispatch, and which also tends to be either city hexes or the map edge) so I'd decline your suggestion.

Unfortunately I only have Caporetto so I can't make a definite comparison.

They'd still have some stocks on hand, and they'd still take up space. But maybe you're right. It would certainly explain why it's not mentioned in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P Myers
Australia
Unspecified
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Since it's been a while since I last played I got out my set and had a close read of the rules and an even closer look at the counters. Supply units are rated at division size (XX on the counter), and so by the rules do count as 2 stacking points.

Hope this helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Sommers
United States
Clinton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
D'oh! Obviously. I was so obsessed with their supply nature that I completely ignored their size. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.