Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: Any I.R.W. Avatar of Tomed builds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorge Rodriguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Has anyone done any builds using the Avatar of Tomed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
charles skrobis
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Been poking at it a bit.

Kind of looking to see what Borg defense matrix can add there, especially when you can interphase generator to get the token for defense ramp without massive damage, and then regenerate or Mirok.

Might have to put some more creative though here, but 9 defense dice when cloaked, resistance to things screwing with your ship, and so on make for a tough base before building too much further.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirika Yumura
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I just got my Avatar Tombed this past weekend. Excited to play with it since its a Romulan Ship with 4 attack other then the Valdore up till now been running 2 or 3 Valdore builds when I do play Romulans. Valdore has its own issue that no tech slot.

Avatar Tombed looks great other then the 2 weapon slots. The other Dderidex had 2 crew which is much more useful.

I think Avatar Tombed builds well depend on the mission or OP and how many points you are building for. The Scimitar will change things up as well.

Named ship is only worth the extra shield since the ability is unlikely to be used.

The Venue I play at plays faction pure so I will only be looking at Romulan and Borg upgrades.

Captain
Donatra for buff to other ship(s)
Mirok for the Regen
Toreth for offense and combo with massacre.

Weapons
Borg Missle if you run into action reliant dreadnoughts like super Voyager.

Tech
Advanced Cloaking: lets you stay cloaked so you can spend your action on target locking or othe r things.
Feedback Pulse: attack cancel reversal but is expensive doesn't require cloaking.
Interphase Generator: attack cancel combo with Borge Defense Matrix.
Cloaked Mines: can be effective depending on the scenario. Decent in RIF1 because of the restricted area you have to stay in or get detected by Borg and lose.

Borg
Borg Defense Matrix - decent in combination with cloak and interphase generator. If only you could get battle stations for your 7-9 dice cloak roll.
Borg Armor - Another 4 hp is pretty good.

Crew
One - disable shields instead of losing them for a round. Is pretty good for the points if you survive the round.
Romulan Pilot - extra movement is great but hard to justify for your one crew slot.
Tactical officer - great with target lock double reroll to ensure you hit most of the time.

So

90 points Resistance if Futile OP 2 if Scimitar is not released in time for the OP.

Fleet captain independent Dominion 5

Donatra 3
Borg Missle 6
Interphase Generator 2
Borg Armor 10

Valdore 29
Toreth 3
Massacre 2
Tactical Officer 2
Fleet Captain 0
Interphase Generator 1
Cloaked Mines 1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodriguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
@ DarthKirika

Which Fleet Captain?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erich Claussen
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Given the tech upgrades on the Valdore, I am going to say it is the Independant Dominion Fleet Captain since it has no native tech slots.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Rodriguez
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Great, thanks!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kirika Yumura
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I put up top the Independent Fleet Captain for 5 points.

Seems that Ships do not get the discount so cut Massacre so your at 90 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Human Being
msg tools
mb
This is where I'm at with it:

Mirok
Romulan Pilot
Interphase Generator
Transwarp Conduit

Backed up by the "Thermal Detonator"
Kraxon
Gul Dukat (Koranak pack)
Cloaked Mines x2
Nuclear Warhead x1
Kyle
Captured Intelligence

The goal is to keep the Avatar in your opponents face while the Kraxon swims the tide just close enough to allow the avatar to repair with Mirok. When the kraxons shields are gone from helping fight or from drawing fire away, the avatar jumps out and repositions, giving it time to regenerate while the enemy attempts to escape the minefield trap. Presumably the avatar will be somewhere behind it.

Is not the old school Borg shuffle play but it is meant to work within the new rules set.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Hosp
msg tools
I'm thinking that the Borg version with the Borg Queen (Tactical Cube version) to do free sensor echoes could be cool. Especially with the Independent Tech fleet captain to load up on some of the cool Romulan Tech upgrades.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.